396xt problem - 2 days old - no P25 - any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Got a 2 day old 396xt and there is no P25 sound.

I see P25 come up and hold during the transmission but I hear nothing (just a click when transmission starts and almost very faint static - not the garbled digital noises)

played with all the P25 settings as well as the "hold power on" advanced settings.

ERR rate showing originally as 4 8
I got it down to 0 or 1 by playing with the advanced settings.

Analog TG on the same control channel works perfect (rules out the speaker or receiver) .
Digital has a STRONG signal, shows P25 (not enc)
Bandplan is correct
Programming is correct (working perfect on other 396xt I have without any adjustment),
and also re-programmed by hand and using another software package
updated to the latest firmware
re-set the scanner

any ideas?
I searched the threads but didnt come across anything exactly like this

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'd reinitilize the radio and program it again just to be sure it's not a System settings problem, but as UPMan pointed out, a hardware problem is a possibility.

911scanner

torontokris-

I am having similar issues with my (new to me) 396XT. When sitting right next to my 396T, at first it just missed some parts of a transmission or complete transmissions altogether.

After I posted about it and got no help, I assumed I was stuck and needing to send my unit to Texas. By the time I was about to give up, my XT was getting no P25 transmissions at all, similar to yours.

For kicks, I was going to reprogram using Freescan, just to verify all was good before sending it south. When i plugged in the computer cable, the XT actually started working!?! It was like it "unfroze" some sort of electronic lock-up. The reason I describe it that way it that it acts similar to my BC-296D, which has the digital card that locks-up at times.

This was 5 days ago. It is still working ok as of today... but we shall wait and see. It still doesn't decode as well as the 396T, as I discussed in my post that went nowhere. Nobody seems to be able to explain how to set the P25 adjustments... but I digress.

Anyway, try to plug in your scanner with the computer cable. Have the unit powered down...plug in the cable...then turn it on to see if it works.

MM

warrior420

This is what the one i had was doing, a slight noise if you listen closely. The DSP chip lost its flash. Try to do a pl search (same chip), send it to lectron for warranty or repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.