396xt - programing a motorola talk group

Status
Not open for further replies.

amol_radhi

Hi all

I use freescan to program my 396xt. The local airport security is one talkgroup of many on a 800 mhz motorola system that hops control channels frequently, even every few hours.

How do i program the 396xt through freescan to trunk this specific talkgroup only on this motorola system? Couldnt find any answers anywhere else on this forum or on the freescan help or perhaps havent looked well enough!!!

Thanx in advance for all the help.

Regards

Amol.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
in freescan right click on the left side of the window...
new system - mot 800 type 2 (if its a motorola 800mhz type 2)

under site go to trunk frequencies and add the control channels
under TG ID click the plus button and add the talkgroup your looking for.

under the System (top header) change the settings to ID SCAN (middle option on the right side of screen)

or tell me what system its under with a link here on rr and i can make a quick file

amol_radhi

Thanx kris

Sorry, but i really do not know what type of system it is (type 1 or 2). if its of any help, the control channel freqs are like 863.8875, 861.8875, 864.3875 etc. also, the system is not on rr.

the system id shows up as '6A19h'. does that help?

Thanx again.

Amol.

scanningisfun

Thanx kris

Sorry, but i really do not know what type of system it is (type 1 or 2). if its of any help, the control channel freqs are like 863.8875, 861.8875, 864.3875 etc. also, the system is not on rr.

the system id shows up as '6A19h'. does that help?

Thanx again.

Amol.

It is likely a 'Type II' system. If you program in all the CC frequencies in the site, then when they switch the CC it will just look through the frequencies you have programmed for the active CC.

amol_radhi

Thanx for all the help.

Just one question - i have an edacs system on the 396xt in id search mode as i still do not have all the ids yet. Would setting the mots system on id scan mode let the edacs system continue in its id search mode?

thanx again

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
changing one system to SCAN... wont affect another different system in SEARCH mode.

they operate independant of each other

amol_radhi

Kris

Thanx a million for all ur help. Hope I can get this right. Will post it here as soon as its done...probably sometime today.

Regards
Amol.

Status
Not open for further replies.