396xt programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

omrelap65

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I just received my new 396xt and have the new USB cable and I am using FREESCAN program. When attempting to download to scanner, the error shows up that the scanner is not found. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Russ

JamesO

Hello all,

I just received my new 396xt and have the new USB cable and I am using FREESCAN program. When attempting to download to scanner, the error shows up that the scanner is not found. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Russ

Do you know that the USB drivers were recognized and installed??
What OS? 32 or 64 bit?
Do you see the scanner/USB cable and do you know what port it is?

Go to the Device Manager and check to see if the UBS connection is recognized.

omrelap65

Premium Subscriber
windows vista home edition 32bit...COMM10 USB port, i see the cable was recognized but i dont see the scanner in device manager

JamesO

windows vista home edition 32bit...COMM10 USB port, i see the cable was recognized but i dont see the scanner in device manager

You will not see the scanner as I recall.

Make sure you check the USB settings and turn off power saving as well.

The scanner may also need the serial port speed is set to 115200.

As I recall for GPS use, the port speed needs to be set to 4800, but for programming, 115200 is required.

teufler

in Freescan , click scanner, than control scanner, then comm port, then click auto detect. you scanner snould connect to the usb cable. Usually this is a one time deal. if you have seen in device manager what usb is connected, note the comm port, then back in freescan, scanner, control wscanner then comm port, set the comm port with the comm port you found in device manager. then auto detect and you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.