396XT - Qkey #1 Will Not Turn On

Status
Not open for further replies.

David40

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I assigned a system to System Qkey #1 but it will not turn on when scanning. If I hit the 1 key I get the error beeps. All the other Qkeys seem to work fine. Any ideas?
Thanks

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I assigned a system to System Qkey #1 but it will not turn on when scanning. If I hit the 1 key I get the error beeps. All the other Qkeys seem to work fine. Any ideas?
Thanks

It sounds like that system is locked out.
Go to Menu, select the system, Edit System Options, set Lockout, Unlock.
You do not need to erase/reprogram.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If System Protect is on that system, the only way to unlock it is to reprogram...Mike

JoeyC

I don't have a a 396T but I do have a 996xt. I have added, changed, renumbered things many times. No, many MANY times and have discovered that occasionally this will happen for whatever the reason. You can spend a lot of time trying this, and checking that (I've done all that) and scratching your head trying to figure it out since it was working just a little while ago or you can just go fix yourself a cup of coffee and reprogram the thing fully - It only takes a few minutes, doesn't wear the scanner out, and is FREE and has always corrected my issues. I suspect the programming can get corrupted in the scanner with multiple partial uploads, but who knows.

David40

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Something strange going on. Maybe something I'm doing or the software is doing. Let me clarify. I am using ARC-XT Pro to load everything. Because there is a 20 group limit per system. I loaded two instances of the Pinellas MOT system (PinellasMOT0 and PinellasMOT1) so I could have better control of what I listen to. Of the twenty or so systems I have loaded I am only using 10 of the system Qkeys. One Pinellas system is assigned to Qkey #1 and the other is assigned to Qkey #0. The system on #0 toggles on and off just fine, but System #1 is missing. When I look at the installed system on the scanner itself only PinellasMOT0 is there.
It may be a problem with the ARC software not wanting to upload a duplicate system or the radio not wanting to accept it. I may try resetting the scanner as suggested because it's no big deal to reload everything with the software, only takes two minutes to completely reload everything in a profile.
How do you reset this scanner?

David40

I figured out how to reset the scanner. I reset and reloaded. Everything works now. Guess the software doesn't do a very good job of clearing memory before uploading. The scanner reset did the trick.
Thanks

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I get this on my 330 from time to time. I usually delete the problem system and reload that system and all is well again...Its not arc, it the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.