396XT Quick Keys (One Quick Key for a Group and System?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougWare

Feed Provider
I have several counties that are split up like this:

County A System (Quick Key 1)

County B System (Quick Key 2)

Shared Trunk
County A Site (Quick Key 1)
County B Site (Quick Key 2)
County A Group (Quick Key 1)
County B Group (Quick Key 2)

Currently, when I press 1...I believe on the County A System becomes active....

Is there a way to set up a quick key so it enables a system, a site and a group with one key press?

We have a statewide trunk...but some counties also use their own trunk/conventional systems...so it would be nice to disable/enable everything I listen to in that county with one key press.

Thanks!
Doug

cpuerror

You can assign the same QK to more then one site at a time. You can't turn the groups on and off with one key press, but if you turn all the sites off in a system at the same time it will be effectively the same thing.

DougWare

Feed Provider
Obviously I still have some tuning to do then...

I think I have it setup "just right"...and then you get an idea on simplifying your setup...and that can lead to all kinds of "tweaks".

sjlamb

Obviously I still have some tuning to do then...

I think I have it setup "just right"...and then you get an idea on simplifying your setup...and that can lead to all kinds of "tweaks".

The more you understand and become proficient with DMA scanner programming, the more "tweaking" you'll be doing. The flexibility makes for endless possibilities.

I too prefer programming by County:

(1) All Sites within each County System are given the same Quick Key. A single button press enables or disables that entire County System.

(2) Under each System/Site are (10) Groups / Categories:

example-

Group Quick Key 1: Sheriff's Office
Group Quick Key 2: City Police
Group Quick Key 3: State Police
Group Quick Key 4: Fire & Rescue
Group Quick Key 5: EMS/Medics/Hospital
Group Quick Key 6: Beach Patrol
Group Quick Key 7: Mutual Aid / Inter-agency
Group Quick Key 8: Public Services/Utilities
Group Quick Key 9: Emergency Comms
Group Quick Key 0: I-Calls

Talkgroup IDs are entered into the appropriate category above. A single key press of the assigned Group Quick Key can then enable / disable an entire service category at will.

Bottom line is that once you master the concept of Quick Key assignments, the possibilities of how you arrange your programming is as varied as your imagination. The above is just one example.

Status
Not open for further replies.