396XT rechargable batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSEMT219

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Anyone use the energizer 15 minute quick charger with 2300 mah batteries? I just purchased this charger and it came with four batteries.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
I'm using the stock batteries with a one hour quick charger. I would actually advise against usin g a quick charger, it makes the cells last... less long so to speak. But, other than decreased cell life, you shouldn't have a problem.

Also, very off topic, but I noticed your iPhone is running firmware 3.1.2. Did you jailbreak or have you just not upgraded to 3.1.3?

LSEMT219

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

It's jailbroken and I don't update if there are no new features.

MarkWestin

I am not familiar with the energizer 15 minute quick charger, but two things come to mind. 1. Make sure that your charger will charge any number of cells at once as opposed to charging in pairs. 2. Heat is the enemy of battery life when using NIMH batteries. Externally cooling batteries during or immediately after charging does more harm than good.

As far as the 2300 MAH Energizer batteries go, I had a large number of those which lasted for a large number of charges. (several years) The 2300s haven't been made for 5 or 6 years, but are vastly superior to any of the later 2500, or 2450 MAH batteries. I had 48 2500s which lasted less than 9 months. I wasn't impressed and haven't bought (and probably won't buy) any Energizer rechargeable batteries since.

Mark

LSEMT219

Thanks. The charger has a built in fan. I can charge 1-4 batteries if I wish. Didn't know if anyone else had this charger and uses it and how they liked it.

Danny6569

energizer charger

I have that charger and i use it all the time and it works fine, and the good part about it is you can also charge the batteries in the car with the cigarette lighter plug it comes with, i have 2 four packs of aa s that way when the one set goes dead i have another set ready, and these batteries last a while too, around 14 hours or more.

duchee

my scanner takes 2 AA batterys. i have the duracell 2650 Mah recharchebles. with standard 8 hour charger. lasts about 16 hours with full scanning on.

Tsch6373

I have these same 2650 rechargeable batteries by Duracell, duchee,they seem to last forever on a single charge from the external charger. I don't use the fast-charge feature except to see how close to being ready the batteries are when I need to change sets. I have 3 sets of 4 so all three of my radios have access to a fully-charged set when they're needed. I have two 'T's and an 'XT'. I'm glad that Duracell didn't play around when it came to the 2650 the way the Shack and Energizer did. Nothing less than 2650 for me!

kayleesdad

picked up the 15 minute energizer charger (wall charger, car charger, $29) at walmart with the newer 2300 batteries that are advertised to recharge 250 more times than the previous 2450s. the quick charger is nice, but the batteries get pretty hot for a short period of time. locally sam's club (tampa, fl) sells the newer 2300 for $19 with 8 AA and 2 AAA and a slow charger with 4AA for about $19. hopefully the quick charger doesn't kill battery life too much. the older 2450 lasted over 2 years but I was using them beyond their useful life, probably. nice to have a 10+ hour usefull charge for the XT again.

Status
Not open for further replies.