396xt search nac codes & ctss codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Partsman

hi everyone...

it might be my old age and worn out memory, or both...but I have had my 396xt since right after they hit the market....I recently did some new system setups and my radio will no longer search for codes...I know about the standard stuff as far as searching for codes...but, it seems to me when I first used it, that it automatically searched for codes....I have set up my new systems with 'srch' in the nac area and it works, but will be awfully long entering this by hand....have I missed something, or doesn't the 396xt do what I thought it used to do......lol

John

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

sounds like your using some kind of software...Search in the NAC section will search for NACs, but you need to have search in CTCSS section to search for PL tones.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

EDIT: Accidential double post.

Last edited:

1Partsman

I am using Freescan.....and I understand you have to put "srch" in the nac section....but, isn't there a way to apply search either within software or within the scanner so it will search for nac's if that is what you have it programmed for, and of course if you program it to search for CTSS or DCS tones, it would be done the same....I know I'm getting old, but I sure seem to remember it dong that when I got the 396xt..

I can do it using Freescan by controlling the scanner and log all traffic.....I would think the scanner should be able to do that too....

I just don't want to enter "srch" into a few hundred freqs in my scanner or software.....I kind of thought that is why we have computers and computerized scanners, to make some of this easier....lol

John

kma371

QRT

Ok, if your talking about frequency searching...select menu, search/closecall options, tone/code search, and select either CTCSS or NAC

if your talking about memories, hit enter on channel you wish to edit, then set audio type. For NAC search, select digital only then search. For CTCSS search, select analog only then search.

Status
Not open for further replies.