396xt speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a new internal speaker for my bc396xt my speaker blew and I just bought this thing in Oct 2009 I contacted uniden but they want prof of purchase witch I already threw out so now I'm stuck with a earphone in my ear anytime i wanna listen it sucks. I put in 0.2 watt speakers in but they keep blowing cause they aren't 0.5 like it should be. Now uniden has them on there site but they are all back orderd whats that tell ya???

warrior420

try lectron in peterborough or a cheap set of computer speakers untill you can get a replacement.

XTS3000

Try Mouser.com

They have speakers that look like it would fit, yet I don't have the exact size of the actual speaker.

unlisted

I would also check on ebay, amazon, etc.

And... IMO, if you blew the stock .5 watt speaker, (is that the stock speaker wattage??) maybe you should look for something with a higher wattage rating.. like .75 watts, or even 1 watt if you can find it in a useable size.

ya I was thinking a higher wattage but the higher it goes the bigger around it gets and there isn't much space to work with. I'll check them sites out thanks a lot guys appreciate the Input

olex126

Premium Subscriber
Hi.
If you're still looking for a speaker replacement for the 396, I did a write-up some time ago for RR that was posted on the Wiki. Here's the link:

Replace a Blown Speaker in the 396 - The RadioReference Wiki

I bought the OEM faceplate/speaker combination from Techcomm International, Oakville, Ontario.

I bought a couple of spares as well, and I could possibly be persuaded to wade through boxes and boxes and boxes of spare parts (like I'm organized....NOT) to find them, but it would probably be quicker just to order them from Techcomm.

Regards.
Dave

danimac67

try lectron in peterborough or a cheap set of computer speakers untill you can get a replacement.

Lectron does warranty work on Uniden scanners in Canada.
I had a 396t with a blown speaker and I only had it for a couple of months.
Had it back a week later.

Status
Not open for further replies.