396XT Stops Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Over the past year or so, I've noticed that my 396XT will suddenly stop receiving a local 700 mHz, 4-site ASTRO trunked system. The RSSI will flash like it's receiving a data channel but the area on the screen where the data channel is displayed will be blank. It's just not one site, but all of them. Meanwhile, the two other scanners that I have monitoring the same system will be receiving it just fine. This only happens when the 396XT is connected to the factory-supplied AC power adapter. To rectify the problem, I have to disconnect the scanner from the power supply and then reconnect it. Can anyone tell me what might be going on here?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
There was a "bug" in the 396-996XT models where you would loose the P25 trunking which was fixed in the latest firmware of 1.08.14...I have seen it happen on my 996XT..The bar signal graph was flashing and no CC...Turned off and back on and it was fine..Do you have the latest firmware in your 396XT....Just trying to help??

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what firmware version is in there, but I probably should update it.

scanningisfun

I don't know what firmware version is in there, but I probably should update it.

Go to the Menu, then to Settings, then to "See Scanner Info" at the bottom of the list. The firmware version is on the second line of text.

Status
Not open for further replies.