396xt system lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeboyjames

Premium Subscriber
Hello im new to the boards ive got my 396xt in the mail today and since ive been reading alot i got it programmed with everything i need just one issue

i would like to know how to lock out a select system since i added ohio marcs i dont want to listen to it all the time just nice to know that i have it in the system for when i go on highways

thanks everyone and i became premium today and shout out to radio reference for making programming easy got my p25 locals working without it just couldn't get the trunked working but than i imported it and it worked like a champ

teufler

do you know what quick key you have assigned to ohio marcs. if so, press hold, then the number key assigned to ohio marcs. An asterik will appear an the radio screen, the system is locked out. You power back up, and the system is there. If you press the number key twice, the system is locked out until you press the key again. With Freescan, read you razdio, then press tools, then system quick key manager, or shortcot CTRL K. Then click auto select to see what is where.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The Ohio MARCS system is a multi-site trunked system. Quick keys for mult-site systems are assigned to sites rather than to the system.

Nevertheless the "lock-out" process is the same, press the quick key number to toggle on/off.

Presuming you have downloaded and programmed all of the MARCS siites, you might consider this: Assign one quick key number to the sites close to home (those in reception range) and a different quick key to all the other sites. While at home, leave the "home quick key" on and the rest off. If traveling, then turn the rest on.

This would be a lot more efficient scanning. If you attempt to receive all of the sites as in those way too far away, that slows down your scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.