396xt tone out

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire1429

I'm trying to figure out how to program a tone out tone when scanning a p25 system .. Right now I don't hear a tone i just hear the traffic over the scanner. But I did find out the tone a and b

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You should be able to scan FM and P25 signals. The downside is that you could easily miss the tone-out on FM.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You cannot scan and look for fire tone outs at the same time. It's one operation or the other - not both

Mike

BillyFred

The good news is if indeed they are used two tone paging it will not work on their digital radios either. There is likely an analog paging channel either on the system or a possibly a stand alone frequency. Many departments keep their old conventional freqs active as a tone-out but use trunking for everything else. There's a system in my area the blow the tones over the digital channel for an alert but at the same time they're sounded on an analog talkgroup to alert the station. You may want to do a bit of looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.