396XT update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOf674

I have recently purchased a refurbed model off of ebay with the firmware version of 1.08.14. Now, it loads and communicates fine with arc-xt pro, but for some reason the updater will not work. It gives me a "programming error" then mentions that it should be connected with the and standard cable and the power source should be kept in at all times...

Any ideas? The cable seems fine uploading and downloading to arc... power is obviously on...and there appears to (appears) be no conflict with the other com-ports as I am shutting down arc-xt then running the updater with the same com-port assigned.

Oh and curious, there is a setting for the P25 adjust in the settings menu...so I was able to change the number like the wiki instructed...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Make sure you are using the latest drivers for your USB adapter. Some earlier drivers did not provide full compatibility (resulted in bad comms for high-throughput applications).

LOf674

Prolific USB to serial online search says I have the latest driver and best driver available...

LOf674

I am getting the "show stopper" message. But the zipped file is unzipped and the scn extension is seen. The com port lines up and when using Arc -xt the scanner runs fine...i've tried to re-download the file with the same results...reproduced on two separate computers. But once the power is pulled and then restored, the scanner works fine...

LOf674

Yes. I have shut off all other software running. With the same effect on two separate computers... It's not my first rodeo updating the firmware, but the first time I have ever had an issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.