396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
just took my 396xt out of the box how do i get it off the alaska preset and on indy safe-t? still reading about it and cant find how to do it

thanks,,jason

n4yek

All pre-installed systems are on SQK's (System Quick Keys's). Those are turned ON/OFF by just pressing the number on the key pad.

Read the manual about System Quick Keys, this will help you.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Press the ". no" key and quickly press "2" then "9" while scanning. Don't remember which number slot Alaska was in but you'd want to use the same method to turn off that group. If it's let's say 52 then press ". no" "5" "2" I live in Indiana by the way and use the SAFET system so if you ever have any questions, give me a shout.....along with scannerfreak and a few others on here.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Alaska was SQK 21. So press ". no" "2" "1" to turn it off it's on while scanning. You'll get the hang of it and that preloaded SAFET system is actually something that I have decided to keep programmed into my BCD396XT. You never know when you might be traveling somewhere else in Indiana and need that quick pre-loaded system. Works very well. I'm grateful that it was included. And the only reason it was is because the 396XT allows 500 talkgroups and multi-site abilities.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
System Q Key 28 is the ILL-Starcom 700/800, the whole system has been "rebanded" to the 851-860 band, wonder if the new 396XT's still come with the unrebanded freqys 866-868??....I changed all my sites to the rebanded 800's....

Status
Not open for further replies.