396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
How I manually enter the PL and DCS tones into the scanner.

My PC interface has been broken and I am waiting for the new scanners to come into play in the stores.
'
Oh about the interface I plan on sending the unit into Uniden after I get one of the new units. So that I can use it as my feed for my area.

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
How I manually enter the PL and DCS tones into the scanner.

My PC interface has been broken and I am waiting for the new scanners to come into play in the stores.
'
Oh about the interface I plan on sending the unit into Uniden after I get one of the new units. So that I can use it as my feed for my area.

Thanks
Hold on the frequency you want to enter a PL/CTCSS, DCS, or NAC code for.
Press the "E" (Enter) key.
That takes you to the edit menu for that specific frequency.
Scroll to "Select Audio Type"
Press "E"
Your choices are: All, Digital Only, and Analog Only.
For PL/CTCSS or DCS entry or edit, scroll to 'Analog Only' & hit "E".
That takes you to the next screen where you can select CTCSS (PL), DCS, Search (for unknowns), etc.
Select CTCSS or DCS & hit "E" (Enter)
The next screen is a table of the valid tones or codes for that option. Scroll to the one you want and then press "E" to select it. Then you can either press Scan to resume scanning, or Hold to take you back to the frequency screen, to scroll to the next one you want to change.

For NAC codes, once you select Digital only, you'll be able to set it to search, or set a specific value, using the scroll knob for each letter &/or number of the code.

Of course, you can always access the same thing via the Program System option through the Menu key, selecting the system you need to edit, then Edit Group, then editing individual frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.