Status
Not open for further replies.

mkirker

I heard 398.50 earlier today. I wasn't able to get a NAC or PL code but it was voice and what sounded like possibly the Watervleit Arsenal system. I was in Colonie when I heard this. Any ideas??

Mark K

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
Mark, I had my Homepatrol at work last week in Latham. I heard the Watervliet Arsenal on 300mhz but not on 398.50. I just checked my Homepatrol and I don't see that as one of the Watervliet Arsenal Freqs. that's in that system. Those freqs are in the 380s.

mkirker

Heard it again a bit later and It was P-25 and NAC 297 - Sounded like the same guys I hear on the Arsenal FD freqs - Any ideas on who ??

Mark

Last edited:

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Here are the DB frequencies for the Arsenal.
Maybe inputs - what's the split in that band?

In the DoD 380-400 MHz land mobile band, the split it 10 MHz, usually repeaters on 380-390 and inputs 390-400. There are some exceptions with simplex use and the Navy, which seems to use whatever they want on the shipboard systems.

- Chris

mkirker

I have all the arsenal frequencies in the scanner and all are still in use. I am still thinking this freq is the arsenal, especially with the NAC 297. Maybe it's a new or not listed frequency.

Mark

mkirker

Plus today I heard Fire Control on 385.525 with NAC 295 with a spill response - RR shows this as alpha tag FD and description as PD2 and I have never heard PD on this so I thinks its listed wrong.

Mark

D

DaveNF2G

IIRC there are two fire and one police channel, which is the opposite of what was originally listed when the system went live. (It's been a while and I am not at home with my database, so this might be backwards.)

mkirker

Add 389.80 to this. Today I heard P-25 NAC 297 activity on this frequency. Sounded like PD

He pulled a car over - transmission was "traffic stop in the outside lane, plate is , never mind , no need for the plate I am just going to advise him".

Still placing my bets on Watervleit Arsenal activity for both

Mark

mkirker

Dave - you may be right . How can I check and see if its an image? I don't think its intermod but maybe. Also my friend in a local town is hearing activity on the freq as well , he has a different radio. Is this still possible?

Mark

D

DaveNF2G

Tune to a known channel and see if it matches what you are hearing on the "new" frequency.

The Arsenal's radio system has been very "dirty" RF-wise since it went online. When the transmitters are making spurious emissions, it won't matter what kind of receiver anyone is using.

Status
Not open for further replies.