3rd Alarm Brush Fire - Baltimore County

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
5th Alarm Requested.

Now 6th Alarm Requested. Live helicopter footage showing fire still spreading.

Last edited:

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
They're announcing Dispatch is going "manual". Deliberate reassigning of TGs or did they overload the system?

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
There was so much radio traffic but it seems that the majority of the activity on was on the following talkgroups:

A3 ADO
B3 Tac 12
D3 Tac 22 - Branch 3
D4 Tac 23 - Water
D5 Tac 24 - Branch 4
D6 Tac 25 - Medical
D8 Tac 27
D9 Tac 28
D10 Tac 29
D11 Tac 21 - Command Net?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
(Another interop fail.). I can see distant out-of-state units not having BCo talkgroups, but I would think neighboring jurisdictions would have them. Or have access to state Tac channels. Then again, BCoFD has a zillion talk groups so not sure if everyone wants to fill up their radio zones with them. Why we can't get this right is astounding considering the amount of money spent.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
One commentor on the BCoFD Facebook page alleges that Rangers were talking about a controlled burn around noon yesterday - not that a Facebook post has any merit at all.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 10.50.09 AM.png

riveter

Premium Subscriber
(Another interop fail.). I can see distant out-of-state units not having BCo talkgroups, but I would think neighboring jurisdictions would have them. Or have access to state Tac channels. Then again, BCoFD has a zillion talk groups so not sure if everyone wants to fill up their radio zones with them. Why we can't get this right is astounding considering the amount of money spent.

Yeah... they have A. Lot.
The regional interop meat grinder cuts it down to the most used resources crammed in the smallest space.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
One commentor on the BCoFD Facebook page alleges that Rangers were talking about a controlled burn around noon yesterday - not that a Facebook post has any merit at all.

View attachment 139588
Reporting by the Baltimore Sun indicates that there was no controlled burning at Soldiers Delight prior to the fire. So the above Facebook post is BS - shocker!