• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

3rd Gen Explorer antenna install

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanmoore1

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with installing an antenna on a 2005 (or 3rd generation) explorer. How is it best done? How did you remove the headliner? Pillars?

Thanks!

a417

pillars for the wiring, then snake it thru to a dome light area. I know it's not ideal, but it's going to be faster than dropping the entire headliner in that vehicle. As long as you don't have a sunroof...

swstow

Premium Subscriber
depends on were you want to mount the antenna or antennas , if you just mounting one say on the very rear of the truck pull down the molded upper cover plate at the rear of the headliner pull the two side panels and you can have a clean shot to the rear if your going with a NMO antenna . if you doing more then one and want to pull the hole headliner down that's going to be a little harder all the A / B / C and D pillars plus over head console and the jacket hangers need to come down. I mounted two /pulled headliner w/sunroof its takes time but doable

otacon1001

I mounted one forward and one at the rear, ran the wires down the pasenger B pillar under the passenger seat and into the center console. I didn't pull down the whole headliner but there was alot of fishing involved I would recomend taking out the headliner it would be easier in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.