3TV Strikes Back! The battle between 3TV and Phoenix PD continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Just got this tweet (see attached image). Apparently the newsies over at channel 3 are still kinda upset with Phoenix PD encrypting C-Deck in response to something one of their journalists did on an active shooting scene. Just what we needed.

I'm guessing how PPD will likely react to this (get ready for 1/4 mile "crime scenes" again, which is their usual response to garbage like this) but who knows what will happen. I personally don't give a damn if the cops are sitting around smoking cigars and playing cards on duty so long as when there's an emergency they respond - which they DO. This was probably shot in a part of town like the 200 precinct where the most action these guys see all night is a kid stealing from the local Wal Mart and the rest of the shift is not just quiet, it's completely dead.

I just hope the 1/4 mile wide crime scenes are all PPD does in response to this. The whole PD system might end up encrypted this time.

Guys (in the media), I know it's sweeps, and I know you're pissed at PPD, but come on guys, crap like this doesn't help a damn thing. You're going to F this up for everyone. Please STOP.

-AZ

Attachments

• 3TV_strikes_back_tweet.jpg
    3TV_strikes_back_tweet.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,083

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
Saw this on the news this evening. They claim it's on top of the parking garage next to Chase Field and that the cops sit there for four hours at a time, which I can't believe. One, are these people sitting at the window and watching the car during that whole four hours to make sure it NEVER moves? Plus, how can a patrol unit get away with sitting in one spot for that long without dispatch checking up on them?

Honestly, I don't believe much of this so-called report, especially if there's been some bad blood in the past.

AirScan1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
you know ever wonder if it had to with that news copter incudent?
I think it has to do with that news copters incident back than..

tipster67

Yeah, 3TV, let the people we pay to just screw off all shift cause we don't want them to go encrypted.. I would rather pay guys to screw off than not hear them, well screwing off..

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Oh lord, there was I big hoorah on Facebook about this, and I see for a half an hour, not 3 hours, boy, news 3 will get hell for all this, so will ppd, this is a drama better then a soap opera

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

I'm wondering how 3TV found out about the officers sitting up there? Did the chopper see them while flying around late at night and/or early in the morning? Was a 3TV employee or an independant stringer following the officers around? Did a security guard or a private citizen see the officers coming and going, and decided to tell 3TV about it?
I saw the teaser clip about it a day or two before, but missed the actual story.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

AirScan1 said:
you know ever wonder if it had to with that news copter incudent?
I think it has to do with that news copters incident back than..

What news copter incident are you referring to? The 5 & 12 mid-air collision over Steele Indian School Park several years ago?

KB7MIB

krokus said:
What did the reporter do, that started this whole storm?

Sent via Tapatalk

Do you remember the guy who shot up an office building sometime back, when the C-deck hot call talkgroups were in the clear? A witness had gotten the license plate of a vehicle that may have been involved (it was the shooters), and dispatch gave the address out over the air. A crew from 3TV went to the address, and got there before the tactical team did, endangering not only themselves, but the responding officers and every other citizen living on that block.
The shooter wasn't home, thankfully, so a potential tragedy didn't occur, but it could have gone very bad had the shooter returned home, and gotten spooked had he seen the news crew pull up outside his home.
That's supposedly why Phoenix went and encrypted the C-deck talkgroups. And this may be 3TV's way of getting back at Phoenix PD for being blamed for the rest of the media, and the citizens, losing access to the C-deck talkgroups.

djewel6

Garcia has had enough headaches as of late. Too many of his officers are ending up in the hospital as it is from their own actions (Need we bring up the Posse member who nearly got himself killed over in 800's region when the idiots robbed the strip club managers at the IHOP on 44th).. Honestly there's been some good and bad press for PPD lately. But then again Regional Dispatch on the Fire Side is hardly posting stuff. Im hearing a fair amount of calls on my PSR800 that should pop on the PublicWeb CAD and dont for some odd reason. Not sure if it has had anything to do with the retirement of Chief Khan or not..

Astrak

I'm wondering how 3TV found out about the officers sitting up there? Did the chopper see them while flying around late at night and/or early in the morning? Was a 3TV employee or an independant stringer following the officers around? Did a security guard or a private citizen see the officers coming and going, and decided to tell 3TV about it?
I saw the teaser clip about it a day or two before, but missed the actual story.
Some people who live in condos next to the parking garage called it in, they had noticed the same patrol car parked there every night for awhile.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
So this is a daily occurring ordeal, well then thats a shame on the officers, no respect at all,

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
I don't know why, ch3 was one of the most watched and respected stations in Arizona, and they was close to ch12 and khpo, I have not been in az in a good while and have not watched, I wonder what happened to get like that

AirScan1

Banned
what's the big deal about phoenix police officers taking a break , their 2 way radio are on and their monitoring it , I go in to a 711 store for some thing and met officers there at times.
officers need to take 10 or 15 minutes off but their monitoring radios their hand held 2 ways with them.
I like those officers channel 3 news leave our police leave our officers alone...

I don't why news 3 is making a public boob out of themselves?

KB7MIB

Apparantly it wasn't a 10-15 minute break. It was 2-3 hours at a time, smoking cigars and playing cards from what I saw on the teaser clip.
Yes, I'm sure they were monitoring their radio, but at the same time, wouldn't patrolling the streets, making their presence felt, be better?
If it's just the same two officers all the time, then it's not indicative of the force as a whole, and those two officers should be reprimanded, and then everyone should move on.
If it was multiple officers within a squad, or among two or more squads, then it may be indicative of a larger problem, and the department needs to look into what's going on, and take steps to remedy it.
I believe that most cop's are decent, hard working men and women who are doing their best to do a difficult job, with little praise and respect from many citizens. Like a cross-section of any group, you're going to find a few who give the rest of them a bad name. Those few need to be brought back into line, or removed from the force, so that the rest can continue to stand proud.
Maybe that's a Pollyanna atitude, but it's what I believe.

AirScan1

Banned
it not easy being a police officer.
look what they have to put up with, it is a very stressful job keeping the peace.
if you think was it I bet 1 to 10 the news 3 team bug poor Sheriff Joe Arpaio news 3 might have pester the Arizona highway patrol
news 3 is out to boost their ratings and making a name out for them selves

Status
Not open for further replies.