4 Alarm fire in Annapolis: UNID vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
While attending the annual USNA vs. St. Johns College croquet match last Saturday, a fire broke out in a wall between 2 businesses on Maryland Ave. Since I was nearby, I walked down to the scene where I noticed 2 AA Co. units that I have never seen before. One was an unmarked Stratus, the other was an unmarked Honda (or similar Japanese) sedan. Both were equipped with emergency lights, and the personnel who departed the cars were wearing blue working uniforms with AA Co. Fire Dept. patches. Anybody know who / what theses units were? I suspect they might have been FM's, or possibly PA.

Thanks.

Last edited:

pasadenamd

While attending the annual USNA vs. St. Johns College croquet match last Saturday, a fire broke out in a wall between 2 businesses on Maryland Ave. Since I was nearby, I walked down to the scene where I noticed 2 AA Co. units that I have never seen before. One was an unmarked Stratus, the other was an unmarked Honda (or similar Japanese) sedan. Both were equipped with emergency lights, and the personnel who departed the cars were wearing blue working uniforms with AA Co. Fire Dept. patches. Anybody know who / what theses units were? I suspect they might have been FM's, or possibly PA.

Thanks.

Did they look like this?

Attachments

• Dwelling Fires, 4-3-10 062.jpg
    Dwelling Fires, 4-3-10 062.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 383

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The man I saw getting out of his car did not have turnout gear, but that doesn't mean that he didn't get it out of his trunk when I wasn't looking. The uniform itself looks like what I saw.

pasadenamd

The man I saw getting out of his car did not have turnout gear, but that doesn't mean that he didn't get it out of his trunk when I wasn't looking. The uniform itself looks like what I saw.

That Person is a Fire Investigator part of the Fire Investigation Unit. Also the person you saw could have been the Safety Officer or PIO.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone verify that the Fire Investigation Unit drives unmarked Dodge Straus's and Japanese sedans?

N1BHH

They could drive just about anything, personal vehicles included. If it has an official license plate, it's an official vehicle. And Fire investigators can perform surveillance as needed.

Last edited:

FIREBOX2914

Premium Subscriber
The fire Investigators Drive a VARIETY of Unmarked Vehicles, which for their sake I will not tell you what they specifically are.

Status
Not open for further replies.