400 codes LVMPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

skykid702

KC7ZIE
Premium Subscriber
I get that but I have a BCD536 and all I get is a bunch of garble. Is there a way to clean it up?

skykid702

KC7ZIE
Premium Subscriber
So what is the secret?

What kind of radio will allow me to hear it?

Steve162

Premium Subscriber
No commercially available scanner will receive encrypted signals. They do not want anyone to be able to monitor them. Only their agency's radios will work.

As Remington said, you're SOL. And I do believe that even if you managed to purchase an encryption-capable Motorola (thousands of dollars) or other radio AND managed to obtain the encryption key, you'd be in violation of the law. (Others, feel free to correct me on this."

If not a direct violation if you were caught with it you'd have some splanin' to do.

pro2096HI

Analog kinda guy, surviving in a digital world
The mutual aid channels in 700/800 are not encrypted. They also have a few of the old VHF and UHF channels that are still open. But alas, yes.. 99% is encrypted.

n4njj

Sin City Repeater Network
As others have posted, the mutual aid channels are largely unencrypted. When POTUS visited town quite a few times this election cycle, they were very busy and active. Aside from that, barring an unforeseen circumstance, they're pretty quiet. Which I suppose is a good thing, right? I believe that OP was asking about the LVMPD 400 code for the hostage situation because it seems that Henderson and NLVPD as well as the various marshal services and CCSD use the same 400 codes. Those talkgroups are in the clear. For now.

jrholm

Talking to friends and family with LV Metro who have talked about they will need help when Raiders games start accepting fans to attend games. Wonder if those will be done on the mutual aid channels, may give some listening chances.....Especially since its the Raiders :D

Hooligan

Talking to friends and family with LV Metro who have talked about they will need help when Raiders games start accepting fans to attend games. Wonder if those will be done on the mutual aid channels, may give some listening chances.....

Hopefully for routine situations at Raider's home games, LVMPD will only have NHP assisting (with traffic). But there's already been precedence for mutual aid situations -- UNLV football games & other special events at Sam Boyd Stadium. I remember hearing Henderson & LVMPD on the cross-patched IOP-1 talk group channel.

jrholm

Well hopefully Raiders fans from Cali won't get permission from their parole officers to go to the games in Nevada :D

sean_

No commercially available scanner will receive encrypted signals. They do not want anyone to be able to monitor them. Only their agency's radios will work.

As Remington said, you're SOL. And I do believe that even if you managed to purchase an encryption-capable Motorola (thousands of dollars) or other radio AND managed to obtain the encryption key, you'd be in violation of the law. (Others, feel free to correct me on this."

If not a direct violation if you were caught with it you'd have some splanin' to do.

So the media are not able to monitor the police traffic as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.