• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

400 Mhz system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanner49er

Recently picked up the Pro-2096 for the digital capability. I'm trying to monitor a 400Mhz system with two control channels. When in search range mode the radio hits on numerous clear voice transmissions switching from FM to DG. When I program the control channels into a bank the radio does as supposed to do, with all except audio. It is a 3600 baud system, Motorola. I have tried unsuccessfully to determine the offset and step size to hit on the correct frequencies for audio. I get ID's from three to five digits. Have tried setting the system to table, multi-table, splinter, and normal. As voice transmissions come thru in the clear when the radio is in search mode I don't feel I am listening to something I should not be monitoring. Any suggestions on how to hit the correct step and offset would be appreciated. Thanks in advance to help given.

Joseph11

If this is a federal system, try this for the custom frequency table:

Base: 406.0000 MHz
Spacing: 12.5 kHz
Offset: 380

Scanner49er

That one didn't work. I had tried simular settings to your suggestion. The control channel center tuned to 407.55000 when I originally encountered it while in search mode. I tried to make sense of the offset calculation guide on this site, but it's Greek to me. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep plugging away at it and maybe get lucky.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Questions

Welcome to the forum.

What is the other CC frequency?
When manually selecting the CC's do both indicate the same SysID?
Are both CC's active at the same time?

Though you can set the scanner to multi table using FUNC + 3, you will need Win96 to set the FUNC + 2 ( Extended Table) settings.

Scanner49er

The other CC center tunes to 408.05000. Both show system ID as 7705. They are both on at all times or at least everytime I turn on the scanner. After trying Joseph11's suggestion on the 380 offset I just left it there while doing something else on the computer. Now I am getting hit and miss voice channels with steps set at 6.25 or 12.5. The scanner never seems to hit on the second CC. Am guessing all this means I have an incorrect setting somewhere else. Thanks for the feedback. Bring back the old days of my Pro-2005 and the simplicity of monitoring!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
"center tuned to 407.55000"
"The other CC center tunes to 408.05000"

What are these frequencies prior to center tuning?
Where is this system located?

If both are active at the same time, the system must be a Motorola SmartZone.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I have a Ft Bragg p96 with these frequencies. 407.5500 and 408.0500 are both used.
Code:
FORT BRAGG  	 407.47500	  MOT	  0.0	 	 	 
FORT BRAGG  	 407.55000	  MOT	  0.0	 	 	 
FORT BRAGG  	 407.56250	  MOT	  0.0	 	 	 
FORT BRAGG  	 408.05000	  MOT	  0.0	 	 	 
FORT BRAGG  	 408.42500	  MOT	  0.0	 	 	 
FORT BRAGG  	 408.62500	  MOT	  0.0	 	 	 
FORT BRAGG  	 409.70000	  MOT	  0.0

If this is the system, the folling setup worked when I when through a couple of years ago.

FUNC + 2

FUNC + 3
Table

Scanner49er

And we have a winner! Thanks to all for the inputs! This one worked like a charm. I can see that I'm still in left field understanding offsets and step settings. Kept trying to apply it at the CC channel frequency. In answer to the other question, both frequencies were .00625 lower than the center tuned frequencies. As far as I can determine through frequent searches these are the only two control channels operational at this time. Again many thanks, will enjoy the investment even more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.