4000 mAh 7.4V Batteries For Kenwood TH-F6A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

Been thinking of upgrading the trusty 'ole Yaesu FT-530 to a newer HT. The 530 is a great HT but it would be nice having something with wider receive, DCS, more memories, and alphanumerics.

The problem with all the newer HTs is that they're so darn small and they only have 7.2 - 7.4 volt battery packs with limited capacity compared to the older HTs from back in the 90s. I wish they'd bring back the 12-volters from back then. I've got a few 12v 2300 mAh NiMH after-markets for the FT-530 that are excellent.

But I see that the Kenwood TH-F6A has a whopping after-market 4000 mAh 7.4V Battery by Batteries America? This will prolly sway my decision from some other HTs that I might have gone with if it wasn't for lousy battery capacity that we seem to get with HTs these days.

So my question is this. Has anyone used this battery pack and is it any good?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
For what its worth..I just bought a 7.4v 4150mAh Li-Ion battery for my Motorola portable. It's unbelievable how long it lasts. Well worth the money.

scannerdweeb

I have used this battery for 1 and a half years, very reliable easily get12 plus hours of run time depending on tx/rx useage. Have to bend the belt clip slightly to get over the battery cause it is thicker in size, buy the battery and desk charger you wont be disapointed. Sd

radact

Extended F6A Battery

Same one is $45 on ebay versus $60 from Batteries America.

Grabbed two myself from Ebay and the charger from BA.

Status
Not open for further replies.