404 Error on "Check for Updates" in EZ Scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
So this afternoon I opened EZ Scan to change some programming in one of my scanners and it wanted to check for updates - been awhile so I said OK. On the main screen - where it lists all of the different things it will check for updates for - the current column showed correct but the second column said Pending and at the bottom of the window it indicated it was done.

That was strange so I closed it and then tried just checking for an update for the PC app. That's when I got the attached error.

I guess just maybe their server is down? I don't see any other posts about this or any notification from Wendy. I've tried it for a few minutes, thinking maybe it was just a reboot of a server on their end, but still getting the error.

Tried on two different PCs.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 361

CanesFan95

I'm getting the exact same error. Same thing on my GRE PSR-800 software.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Wendy - that's why I posted. Seemed to be "system wide" so I was hoping you'd see the post and confirm it. Thanks for the quick response!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
EDIT:

Why would I still be getting the error on one computer and not on another? "Run as Administrator" is yielding the same results on the laptop, which is the PC I typically use to update the scanners...

Anyone else still seeing the issue? Maybe it's still intermittent?

I'll keep trying every little while.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
EDIT:

Why would I still be getting the error on one computer and not on another? "Run as Administrator" is yielding the same results on the laptop, which is the PC I typically use to update the scanners...

It was a DNS issue so it may very well be that one of your computers has updated its DNS table and the other hasn't.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
It was a DNS issue so it may very well be that one of your computers has updated its DNS table and the other hasn't.

OK, thanks - I'll give it a few or flush DNS and see how it works then. Thanks Wendy! Here it is Friday night and you're posting in the forums. We appreciate you!

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
EDIT:

OK, thanks - I'll give it a few or flush DNS and see how it works then. Thanks Wendy! Here it is Friday night and you're posting in the forums. We appreciate you!

Thank you! Just want to make sure you all get the best scanning experience possible!

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Updates

I'm getting a message '404 Not Found' and then it locks up so I have to use the Task Manager to shut the program down. The computer is seeing the radio but not dealing with the down loads well...

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
File 404 - Not Found

Reboot didn't clear it... The software puts the radio in update mode, then locks up.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I can confirm it is still giving the '404' error for me this morning just now - three difference PCs, all rebooted, including the one that it worked on briefly last night. Also did a "flushdns" command just in case. So it would appear that Whistler still has an issue of some sort on their end since more than one of us is still getting the error. But it's the weekend so I'm not too worried about it - I can always check for updates on Monday or Tuesday. Just a slight inconvenience is all. Just wanted to make sure they were aware.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I can confirm it is still giving the '404' error for me this morning just now - three difference PCs, all rebooted, including the one that it worked on briefly last night. Also did a "flushdns" command just in case. So it would appear that Whistler still has an issue of some sort on their end since more than one of us is still getting the error. But it's the weekend so I'm not too worried about it - I can always check for updates on Monday or Tuesday. Just a slight inconvenience is all. Just wanted to make sure they were aware.

Thanks for letting us know you're still having an issue. I think it is still a propegation issue but I am keeping an eye on it. Thank you for your patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.