406.500 nyc

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Last edited:

ecps92

Don't forget to submit the NAC to the RRDB as an update.

All the P25 Systems [Trunked] transmit NAC and it does help in ID'n them.

PS, so far the NAC reported for the UHF CG LMR has been $293

I was in Manhattan today and I heard a lot of traffic on 406.500 NAC 2E1
It is one of the new CG UHF channels (seen here: MT Fed Files: More Coast Guard UHF Activity!) but none of the traffic I heard had anything to do with CG.
Who could it be??
Bob

edit: I found it. Didn't expect it to be in the regular database. My bad...
Metropolitan Detention Center Brooklyn
Metropolitan Detention Center Brooklyn Trunking System, Brooklyn, New York - Scanner Frequencies

Richard

Premium Subscriber
406.5000 is a confirmed (APCO25) trunked frequency for the Metropolitan Detention Center located in Brooklyn. If one were to monitor this frequency in a stand alone conventional mode, it does display NAC 2E1. But it is indeed one of the trunked frequencies.

Rich

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
406.5000 is a confirmed (APCO25) trunked frequency for the Metropolitan Detention Center located in Brooklyn. If one were to monitor this frequency in a stand alone conventional mode, it does display NAC 2E1. But it is indeed one of the trunked frequencies.

Rich

Yeah it was strange because it seemed like a conventional repeater when listening because I always heard the reply back on the same freq. unlike a trunk system where if you monitored a single freq of the system you usually only hear bits and pieces of a qso.

Richard

Premium Subscriber
I know exactly what you're saying because I was fooled into thinking a freq was conventional and found it to be part of a trunk system. That was a freq from the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan whose digital signature is 1A3.

Status
Not open for further replies.