Status
Not open for further replies.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
A good evening to one and all!

While doing some searching in the 406.xxxx spectrum today, I happened across what sounded like P25 data on 406.56250.

At this point, I can't seem to get either the old DOS-based or newer Windows-based UniTrunker to lock onto it, but my BCD396T indicates a System ID of 0291-0101.

The signal is relatively strong here in Murray, but really doesn't sound like the other P25 control channels on the 800MHz. band.

Could this be Offutt's initial work at installing a P25 system?

73's

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Another observation on our "mystery" P25 channel....

During my nightly walk tonight, with my 396T in-tow, I noticed that the P25 "type" indication continuously cycled back and forth between "DAT" and "LNK" on this channel. In the north part of Murray, the signal strength was quite good, "pegging" the RSSI on my 396T.

A normal P25 control channel would display the "DAT" indication continuously, while a voice channel would briefly display the "LNK" indication after displaying "P25" over the length of the voice transmission.

As mentioned previously, the SID appears to be 0291H-0101, the WACN appears to be the default BEE00, and the NAC appears to be 291 (from the kNACk.exe program in UniTrunker).

And, speaking of UniTrunker, the kNACk.exe program would only display the 291 NAC if I clicked the "Signal is Inverted" checkbox. If I remember correctly, I believe UniTrunker indicates that Offutt's analog Motorola Trunking System is running a Control Channel which is also "inverted".

Last edited:

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Good morning!

You may be right, NeFire242 - the analog system has been up for ages, but I only recently ran across the "new" digital system. If the "new" digital system has been up and running for quite some time, I wonder why no one from around here has added it to RadioReference.com....

On the way into work today, I listened to TG #11 for a few transmissions... Sounded like typical dispatch traffic. "Dispatch" was talking to units "23" and "53". "23" reported his location as "the Strat Theater" and "Dispatch" reported back that "the folks will be 10 minutes late in arrving, so have some patience".

43g70

I heard the control channel up in late March and Early April. I couldn't get unitrunker to decode it but Unitrunker works fine on Sarpy and Douglas.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Well there you go George. No pressure, but I would like to see a completed fleet map on my desk by the end of the week. ha.

No one I can think of has been able to run Unitrunker on it.

frequencyman

The reason for not being able to decode it is you don't have a offset such as 380 added.
The frequency could be a part of a federal TRS(406-411MHZ).

James,

frequencyman

Okay just been confirmed this is a Federal TRS.
You need the following to decode it:

Base(406.5630)
Spacing 12.5.25or50 khz?
Offset 380

James,

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Okay just been confirmed this is a Federal TRS.
You need the following to decode it:

Base(406.5630)
Spacing 12.5.25or50 khz?
Offset 380

James,

Howdy, James - thanks for the info!

Are you referring to settings needed by UniTrunker or digital-capable scanners? With default settings in the unit, I've been able to listen to this system on my BCD396T, though I've only heard TG #11 active recently.

Is there anything else you can tell us about this particular system?

TheUrge

I was listening today and I heard a couple unit numbers called up (can't remember which). I also heard one of the units being dispatched to operate the "shuttle". Not sure if this would be at the airport, etc. but I thought It would help to ID the freq.

topnik

this one has some updates in the database...

and some submitted but awaiting addition...

Looks like so far only the fire/med/le/scty and, strangely, transportation, have moved...all the other flight line and support functions are still on the analog system.

Air Force Week is coming up here soon, and the base is a focus for it...so, I'm betting there'll be more usage for the festivities.

EDIT: As of 31 Jul, this CC has moved to 408.9625...submitted to DB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.