409.0250 - Federal

Status
Not open for further replies.

shell6

This frequency has been transmitting for the last number of hours hours in the clear. The first time I heard it, I listened in for a good 5 minutes or so and heard what consisted of a couple calls of "Car 3 to control" and then chatter about waiting for a door to be unlocked.

I just tuned in again at 11:16ish to listen and there's been brief chatter which stopped within a couple minutes. I'll stay tuned in for at least a good 10 or 15 more though.

It says that this is a FBI/Dept. of Labor shared frequency. Anyone want to shed some light?

EDIT: After lots of listening it sounded like almost a utility company. A lot of talk about a gas valve being open... Eventually a conversation which went sort of like this:
Queens: Queens BNM(?) to Mobile 2.
Mobile 2: Mobile 2.
Queens: Mobile 2, at Ozone Park I have a LLV(?) that is a no start. The vehicle number is (omitted). That's Ozone Park, no start. Copy?
Mobile 2: Ok, 10-4.

Anyone think that's kind of strange?

Also heard some encrypted P25 on FBI channel 170.4250 today.
Just started picking up some FBI surveillance on B3/4 too. Will report on that later.

Last edited:

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
It's USPS Flushing/Nassau Control. The transmitter is at Whitestone/College Point facility. It is mostly used for mail trailers and trucks and coordinate departure/arrival with different facilities.

It can be interesting to listen, but gets boring quickly.

170.425 is designated as G3 channel.

ecps92

P25? CTCSS / DCS?
Past notes show US Postal Svc in NY/NJ Area as well as the USS JFK [but she is mothballed in Phili]

This frequency has been transmitting for the last number of hours hours in the clear. The first time I heard it, I listened in for a good 5 minutes or so and heard what consisted of a couple calls of "Car 3 to control" and then chatter about waiting for a door to be unlocked.

I just tuned in again at 11:16ish to listen and there's been brief chatter which stopped within a couple minutes. I'll stay tuned in for at least a good 10 or 15 more though.

It says that this is a FBI/Dept. of Labor shared frequency. Anyone want to shed some light?

EDIT: After lots of listening it sounded like almost a utility company. A lot of talk about a gas valve being open... Eventually a conversation which went sort of like this:
Queens: Queens BNM(?) to Mobile 2.
Mobile 2: Mobile 2.
Queens: Mobile 2, at Ozone Park I have a LLV(?) that is a no start. The vehicle number is (omitted). That's Ozone Park, no start. Copy?
Mobile 2: Ok, 10-4.

Anyone think that's kind of strange?

Also heard some encrypted P25 on FBI channel 170.4250 today.
Just started picking up some FBI surveillance on B3/4 too. Will report on that later.

shell6

@ecps, it wasn't P25 but I didn't check the tones.

About the FBI, G3 was P25/Enc
B3/4 was in the clear, no P25, didn't check the tone. Surveillance/Tac. I will make a post about it later.

daparker_nyc

Fbi B3/b4

I don't have information on these FBI channels. Could you please post the frequency for B3/B4. Thanks.

Doug
(also on UWS, but working in lower Manhattan)

Status
Not open for further replies.