418.3375?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaJungle

I've been trying to figure out who is using this frequency but I always catch the end of a transmission or just don't hear anything.
I know its wide-area, common-use federal, and I think it may be a repeater from what Ive found online, but does anyone have any more info on what agency would be using this?
Also, which I found kind of strange, is its DMR. All the other federal stuff around here is P25 or analog.

Tampa Bay Area

ScubaJungle

I'll bet on USPS sorting facility, they are known to use DMR across the country in the 400mhz range.
Good idea, I forgot to consider that. I'm keeping it on with DSD+ for as long as I can to see if I can some voice activity, but there's not much. If its USPS maybe I should try early morning for sorting.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Overnight or early morning. Not so much mailman sorting but bulk sorting to send out to other facilities. You typically hear operations on one TG/slot and maintenance on the other.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
What area are you in? I recently logged what is probably a USPS Sorting facility on 408.3375 in the NYC area.

ScubaJungle

In Tampa area, and its possible, but Im leaning towards USPS due to what the two normally use in this area.

Ive never been able to get any voice - just the DMR noise and once in a while slot 1 and 2 will become active, but its either encrypted or I dont know.

Ranger0034

ScubaJungle, I'm an avid Fed listener here in St Petersburg, I'll listen in to see if it's ENC or not.
I also have a good sized list of all the "active"* Fed channels here in the Tampa Bay area. I have my Home Patrol on record all the time.
*Active means activity heard at one time or another, but not all consistently active.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
More than likely USPS, Here in Lexington, KY. They use 1 frequency, 1 talk group, both slots. 1 Slot for Docks/Trucks/Sorting & the other slot for Admin/Maintenance. Like @N1GAW said they are known to use DMR across the country. I've never heard them use encryption on DMR only on P25 postal inspector channels.

Hooligan

One potential reason you're only hearing it intermittently is because it could be an input freq, so the first thing to check would be -9MHz -- 409.3375. Especially if it's a DMR (meaning relatively new - past 10 years or so) system, it's likely to be following the federal UHF spectrum planning convention of the UHF repeater input being 9.0MHz above the output.

Also, I occasionally get some intermod or images in the 410-420MHz spectrum from a nearby business that has a 900MHz DMR Capacity+ system.

Status
Not open for further replies.