418.750 PL156.7 in Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Location
Virginia
Does anyone know who this frequency belongs to? It is listed as DEA. The radio traffic sound like surveillance. I could only hear an air unit telling ground units where a vehicle was heading, US75 and Martha St.

Anyone else listen to this frequency?
 

ChrisP

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 20, 2002
Messages
1,176
Location
Portland, OR
It's listed as DEA because it is DEA. It is their Channel 3, used nationwide as a simplex channel.

- Chris
 

Pro92

Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
408
Location
Madison, NE.
Fbi

KG4WHM said:
Does anyone know who this frequency belongs to? It is listed as DEA. The radio traffic sound like surveillance. I could only hear an air unit telling ground units where a vehicle was heading, US75 and Martha St.

Anyone else listen to this frequency?
Does anyone know what the FBI frequencies are for N/E Nebraska or any part of NEB.
Thanks.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Location
Virginia
Pro92 said:
Does anyone know what the FBI frequencies are for N/E Nebraska or any part of NEB.
Thanks.
Once again you ask a question that has nothing to do with the thread.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Location
Virginia
ChrisP said:
It's listed as DEA because it is DEA. It is their Channel 3, used nationwide as a simplex channel.

- Chris
Just wondering around here. Just because it is listed as DEA does not mean it is. I am asking LOCAL people if they have heard radio traffic on this frequency and not someone from Portland, OR.

So, anyone in the OMAHA, NE area every hear traffic on this frequency and is it DEA?
 

ChrisP

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 20, 2002
Messages
1,176
Location
Portland, OR
KG4WHM said:
Just wondering around here. Just because it is listed as DEA does not mean it is. I am asking LOCAL people if they have heard radio traffic on this frequency and not someone from Portland, OR.

So, anyone in the OMAHA, NE area every hear traffic on this frequency and is it DEA?
It is an exclusive, nationwide assignment. It will be DEA in Omaha or Portland...
 
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Location
Virginia
ChrisP said:
It is a nationwide assignment. It will be DEA in Omaha or Portland...
Once again asking LOCAL peole in the OMAHA, NE area if they know who this is. Just because it is listed as DEA does not mean it is and just because it listed as a "nationwide assignment" does not mean that they follow it or some other agency does not use it. I am just making sure what agency this is.

Go play in the Oregon Radio Discussion Forum.
 

chris451rr

Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
37
Location
iowa
its active in Cedar Rapids IA with surveillance in the clear, motorola, dvp capable(warning tone on key)
on July 4th, 2010
418.750
 

rabidmoose57

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2007
Messages
151
Location
Southeast Iowa.
D.e.a........................

I've monitored traffic on that freq too. Air survailence of a box truck on I 29 northbound. It was about a month or so ago. Probably headed for Omaha. I think you can safely say it is DEA........
 

wb0qqk

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
200
Location
Omaha, Nebraska
The FBI also has nationwide assignments. When I worked on a LE taskforce in 1986, agents from five states were assigned to the case. They brought their mobile and portable radios with them and communicated on VHF frequencies that are nationally assigned to each field office. A General Electric Delta-SX provided by the local field office was bolted to a piece of plywood and installed in the "war room." The bureau cars I rode in had Syntors with A3 HHCH microphones and disguised antennas. The agents also used 155.475 to communicate with local police agencies.
 

Squad10

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
922
The FBI also has nationwide assignments. When I worked on a LE taskforce in 1986, agents from five states were assigned to the case. They brought their mobile and portable radios with them and communicated on VHF frequencies that are nationally assigned to each field office. A General Electric Delta-SX provided by the local field office was bolted to a piece of plywood and installed in the "war room." The bureau cars I rode in had Syntors with A3 HHCH microphones and disguised antennas. The agents also used 155.475 to communicate with local police agencies.
Wow, did the feebs actually share and play nice in the sandbox?

Bureau radios probably encoded 167.9 on 155.475.

My vote is 418.750/156.7 is exclusive DEA use.
 

wb0qqk

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
200
Location
Omaha, Nebraska
Wow, did the feebs actually share and play nice in the sandbox?
Not always unless you had information they needed. The bureau holds their cards close to the chest when it comes to sharing information, but will be first to admit that they must depend heavily on hometown agencies when they need local intellegence.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top