42.890 skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyreb

did any one hear the skip roll in about 3:20 sat afternoon on a freq of 42.890 dispatch had asouthern twang i was in the mobile and running around in and out of the truck and was not in the truck long enough to find out were it was from but it had to be from the south and also a recent trip to kentucky there 453.freqs for the ky state in apco 25 has great sount as well as ohio marcs sys ky is also' at least in nancy southcentral ky is great for skip every year i go i get skip alot from southern east coast in low band like 30.meg on up in to the 50meg range the best skip i got 2 years ago was here in s east mi was the chp golden gate bridge on my pro 2006 for 3 1/2 hours till about 1:00 pm for 4 days in a row i know dumb thread i thought in was cool i love to here skip breaks up the same old stuff around so east mi like reading a paper from another state guy m sterling hgts shack setup discone antenna pro 60 pro 2006 pro 95 pr0 96 uniden 360 a ,uniden 210xw regency touch k-100,rengency monitor-radio&a robyn hi low banb both crystal sets and acool old radio the police type(scanner) i had you could dile from th back the uhf pd bands from 450.meg to 489. ge monitor 10 had shortwave 1 &2 am fm air ps hi & low and weather and cb

bigbluemsp

I don't know why anyone listens to the 42 band because MSP hasn't been on that in almost 10 years down here.

babyreb

bigbluemsp said:
I don't know why anyone listens to the 42 band because MSP hasn't been on that in almost 10 years down here.
just scanning on the pre programed police mode on my uniden 350 a but was not msp was for sure from the south do to souther accents of disptch and officers and fadeing in and out

CapnJon

I did...but it was on 45.20...

I also heard a few stations rolling in...One was about a fire and they had tankers on scene, sounded like a southern drawl like KY/Tn...And the other was the NY state park system...I have the old 45.20 mhz on for the Gogebic Co. EMGT system...

Status
Not open for further replies.