436/536 cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

derevs

I was just wondering & want a confirmation, are the USB cables that come with the 436/536 compatible?
If they are then I will be putting one of my cables away.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
They are just plain old mini USB cables. If you lose both of them you've probably got 4 more in a drawer somewhere for some other device you've bought in the last 5 years.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
But see my thread earlier. They aren't all exactly "just plain old mini USB cables." My 436 will not charge using the cable that came with the 536. That cable apparently doesn't provide enough current, and the 436 resets back to the "Charge?" immediately after it starts charging.

The 536 came with a cable that has no RF choke (the 436's cable has a choke) and that is slightly thinner than the 436 cable.

...R

kellykeeton

it just needs all the pins.. some cables are extra cheap and are missing some pins connected

just try a cable or two.. or pick one up for 10 cents from a garage sale.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
it just needs all the pins.. some cables are extra cheap and are missing some pins connected

just try a cable or two.. or pick one up for 10 cents from a garage sale.

Why the choke on one Uniden-supplied cable and not on the other?

smithken

Premium Subscriber
But see my thread earlier. They aren't all exactly "just plain old mini USB cables." My 436 will not charge using the cable that came with the 536. That cable apparently doesn't provide enough current, and the 436 resets back to the "Charge?" immediately after it starts charging.

The 536 came with a cable that has no RF choke (the 436's cable has a choke) and that is slightly thinner than the 436 cable.

...R

My 536 cable has a choke.

Status
Not open for further replies.