436/536 decode ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTTER

Can you set each system decode to auto or manual with the 436/536 ? The reason I ask is I have two very active systems in my area. The one is a Motorola type 2 and the other is a Project 25 phase 1.When I had my 396T I set it on manual 7 for the Project 25 and it was spot on with err rates of 0 to 3 and 11 for the Motorola type 2.When I got the XT that all went away. Thanks for any help.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes, in fact this setting (called Digital Threshold Mode) is done by site. There is another setting to weak digital performance (Digital Threshold Level) which is also set by site.

Thus you could have a system such as the Indiana state system, with its numerous sites. You could have Site "A" set to auto and Site "B" set to manual. Whatever works best for you.

SOFA_KING

Can you set each system decode to auto or manual with the 436/536 ? The reason I ask is I have two very active systems in my area. The one is a Motorola type 2 and the other is a Project 25 phase 1.When I had my 396T I set it on manual 7 for the Project 25 and it was spot on with err rates of 0 to 3 and 11 for the Motorola type 2.When I got the XT that all went away. Thanks for any help.

Yes, you can.

I use Manual 9 for my VHF and UHF conventional P25, Manual 10 for three 800 trunked systems, and what looks like Manual 6 on my new county 9600 P25 system, although they have not migrated over yet. I also just realized the Florida Provoice SLERS system also uses threshold settings. It shows the error rate. Did it always do that? I need to test more on this, but Auto 8 showed 0 errors.

One advantage for the x36 scanner line, no doubt.

Phil

SCOTTER

Thanks you guys are great for your quick replys im tired of moving my 396xt around the end table to get good results because by the time the auto decode works you miss some of the dispatch at times.BTW what scanner do you have 436 or 536 ?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
They all do something different 8 of them are logging audio TG's UID's on PROSCAN and I travel with 5 Handhelds in the car plus 2 SDR and 2 other receivers. Each scanner tracking a system or group

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks you guys are great for your quick replys im tired of moving my 396xt around the end table to get good results because by the time the auto decode works you miss some of the dispatch at times.BTW what scanner do you have 436 or 536 ?

If I'm reading the database correctly on the Indiana state system, the St. Joseph county area is a simulcast deal. I see much better simulcast decode with my 436 and 536s than my 396XT or 996XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.