436 / 536. specs. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLM7424

have yet to locate info what are the system specs. ?

total site capicity for scanner. ?
total channel / memory. ?

how many tgid & groups per system?

max systems. ?

thanks matt.

Last edited:

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for Responding , however still doesn't fill my question

396Xt = 20 groups per system , 500 Tgid's per system

1000 sites , and so on

At first I too looked for this kind of info since it was what I was use to using with my T and XT scanners.

People have already exceeded the 500 TGID's per system without having any problems but I think with the new radios the number of groups, TGIDs & Sites per se is in general usually not going to be the main problem. I think it is the 1mb limit that UPMan mentioned will stop you from being able to add more of any of these three once they total 1 MB per FL. Therefore, the actual number of these three items is variable but must not total more than 1 MB.

However, there probably is an absolute max on each of these it is just that the 1 MB memory limit per FL usually stops you before you exceed any one of the limits for Groups, TGIDs, or Sites.

At least this is what I think now.

Last edited:

kellykeeton

Thank you for Responding , however still doesn't fill my question

396Xt = 20 groups per system , 500 Tgid's per system

1000 sites , and so on

I feel that your question is clear the answer is not. As the data can fluctuate a little changing the amounts.
Like asking how much dose a gallon weigh? (A gallon of what) the upper limit of the container (at this time) is 1MB since this will load any system in the "database" directly, that solves 50%

Then you have favorite lists, which typically are broken into logical human lists, for the purpose of human. These lists are capable of quick keys 99 for each nested group. So there is the human useable list of some 99x99 math there but now a human wouldn't logically do that because it's confusing - the fav lists are for easy consumption of your most used data.

On top of that you can have multiple favorite lists, With a (software upper limit bound variable) but again - it's not logical for a human to reach these numbers - you would likely use GPS scanning against the database. Typically a human would use 4-10 lists for the area they are in or travel around.

So your looking for specifications that aren't limited by conventional scanner wisdom. So your answer is complicated and you won't find numbers with out some bored individual pressing the limits for the answer for all man kind.

I would suggest that if the features of the scanner as you see them advertised are compelling that you purchase the radio, your experience with it - for the purpose of its creation. to have a scanner that is in the home patrol line, but more for the classic scanner technologist. Will likely be positive, and the new limits of your hobby will grow with it.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I have a trunked system programmed in my scanner in a Favorites List. It's got four sites, six departments and a total of 100 or so talkgroup IDs. Also, I've programmed 943 Unit IDs and their corresponding alpha tags (Unit ID Name). The size of the Favorites List file is 44KB. So I'd say one would have to put a whole lot of stuff in a Favorites List before reaching that 1MB limit.

This is a guess and I could be wrong, but I think there's a "whole new ball game" when it comes to limits on the new models of scanners. Rather than s limiy of X sites, Z Departments and Y Channels, you can "mix and match" however many of whatever, just so the sum total memory is less than 1 MB.

NYPDAUX

I hope I'm in the right forum does anybody know what is the capacity of the SD card that you could use for the 436 HP I cannot find the 4 gig card what is the highest amount of gigs the radio will accept any information would be appreciated

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I hope I'm in the right forum does anybody know what is the capacity of the SD card that you could use for the 436 HP I cannot find the 4 gig card what is the highest amount of gigs the radio will accept any information would be appreciated

Owners manual says a 32 GB SD card is the max supported.

Last edited:

NYPDAUX

Thanks I actually found a four gig card should be enough for any of that data

Status
Not open for further replies.