436 Backlight Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Booting and when it first begins to charge. Hard to read the screen in the dark. Hopefully Uniden will use our beta testing to fix that issue.

Greg

wise871

Database Admin
I wish it would light on booting.

Since the 436 has user selected options on boot up or USB plugin I would also like to see it temporary illumination during startup/charging "plug in USB". It's really hard to select option. Worst time is when I just want to plug it in for charging. I can't make out the display in a low lit environment.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Yes... this is a sore spot for me too. I really would prefer for the backlight to com eON as soon as I power up the scanner.

I am often in low light and I cannot see the display very well at all to try to get the setting adjusted when I first boot it up.

PLEASE UNIDEN..... make this a fix in the next firmware update.

Thanks.

Blackink

PLEASE UNIDEN..... make this a fix in the next firmware update.
Thanks.

How long, after a new scanner has been on the market, does it take Uniden to release a new firmware update?

Anyone know?

I sure am seeing a lot of people requesting fixes in the next firmware release on both of these new x36 scanners.

Thanks.....

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The backlight works fine on P25/Digital transmissions.

I wish you could have the squelch option with a delay time. The light would come on when a transmission is received and stay on for a second or two after the squelch has closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.