436 "Factory Load" Missing...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
___________________________________________________________________________________
The firmware update available now is the "first release" firmware. The factory load is missing many features and functions, and is not supported. When we release additional updates, they will have a documented change list.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Why would you release a product "the factory load' you call it....
with missing

. "features and "functions"

It is difficult for me to envision how Uniden handles quality control in this way.

Perhaps they have learned over the years....that this is the best model...

Send it...and see what happens....

But who knows

I am sure that the software (providing updated firmware) that IS required
---and not included with the unit---

is free.

And that any other... unforeseen... necessary items... perhaps needed in the future,
are free as well.

I must assume Uniden is simply a very humble, precise, altruistic company.

They have been making scanners for....God knows how long.....

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Software is easily modifiable, hardware is not. Once the hardware was confirmed complete, we released the product to manufacturing and shipment, even though we still had some software issues in the works. I did not allow a release to sales until we had a firmware load "ready for prime time." Then, the decision was, do we delay everything by 6-8 weeks or release the product concurrent with a firmware update that is easily applied by just about anyone. I believe we made the same decision you would have made...

NYPDAUX

My question for upmen I am running original software 1.0 1.0 1 should I upgrade the software even though my radio is running fine or should I wait for a software that is bugged free

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well, the current firmware is much better than the original IMHO, so I would update now and again when the next version is available.

NYPDAUX

Can you tell me with some of the differences are from the original to the software you're talking about

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.