436 GPS Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
When I attempt to find a retailer for buying a 436HP GPS specific to this model, I don't see "436" listed among the radios it works with. I am ready to order this, but Scanner Master does not specifically list it. Or, I am missing it. Does anyone have a link?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Still Confused

It's the same GPS...Scanner Master just seems to have not updated the scanners that it will work with.

Yes, they seem to be busy doing other things. I don't particularly like their web page. For instance, it is a bit confusing. When you look at the picture of the GPS unit, it shows the serial cord. To me, this suggests that it comes with the device; however, below, it has a drop down menu asking you to select a cord. I don't want to order two.

It also looks like you can beat the Scanner World Price at Amazon. They have the USB cable listed as part number BWZG1844001.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes, they seem to be busy doing other things. I don't particularly like their web page. For instance, it is a bit confusing. When you look at the picture of the GPS unit, it shows the serial cord. To me, this suggests that it comes with the device; however, below, it has a drop down menu asking you to select a cord. I don't want to order two.

It also looks like you can beat the Scanner World Price at Amazon. They have the USB cable listed as part number BWZG1844001.
That USB cable would only be useful for programming one of the older DMS scanners, such as the 396T & 396XT, 996T & -XT, BCT15 & BCT15X, etc. It has no connectivity at all with the GPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.