436 hand held

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1kgp

I'm sure this has been beat to death but. I have several scanners home patrol 1 and 2 the 536 base and 436 hand held and other numerous analog scanners. My problem is with the 436 hand held I can't get Ct. State police to work. I've updated the data base. Put state police back in but to no avail. I know it's not receiving because I'm picking it up on the other scanners. What gives thank you.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
And you could "fool" the 436 by replacing its SD card with the one from the 536 that you successfully receive the desired system. (They can be swapped back afterward). The only weird thing would be the start up screen saying 536, but that is no problem.

That will differentiate between a programming issue and a hardware issue, such as a defective scanner.

Any chance the scanner could have gotten real close to a transmitting radio? That can damage a diode in the receive circuit, which serves as protection from too much incoming RF.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
In the event the possible causes listed here by others isn’t what’s causing your problem, there are other questions that need answering...

Although I doubt you programmed the CLMRS manually, (its just too big a system), I have to ask how was CSP programmed? I also listen to CSP. I programmed CLMRS using Sentinel and did the auto download and input instead of manually inputting the CSP system. CLMRS works like gang busters. You also didn’t mention if CSP on CLMRS is the only system you are having trouble with. Are there other P25 trunked systems with the same problem?

n1kgp

All other scanners were reprogrammed to the new system. Home patrol 1 and 2 and the 536. I like the idea of the sim card switch that would tell me if it's the scanner or not. No it's far enough away from transmitters to no have affected it that way. As far as LAW enable I'm not sure will go back and look for it. Thank you. Martin N1KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.