436 has me stumped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

Is there an easy way to simply turn on the 436 and scan your favorite list like the 396xt? Every time I power up the scanner, it says "nothing to scan." By trial and error I pressed the white channel key, which then holds me on the first talkgroup programmed into this system. I then have to hit function, then press the white Dept. key twice, and then I'm holding on one of the sites and it scans. The manual is about as clear as mud, so do I have to go through all these above motions just to scan? I hope there is a simpler way to scan my favorite list!
BG..

phask

Premium Subscriber
What are you loading as a default?

Actually - you have profile incomplete or wrong. All that your are doing by "pressing buttons" should beset in your profile.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Is there an easy way to simply turn on the 436 and scan your favorite list like the 396xt? Every time I power up the scanner, it says "nothing to scan." By trial and error I pressed the white channel key, which then holds me on the first talkgroup programmed into this system. I then have to hit function, then press the white Dept. key twice, and then I'm holding on one of the sites and it scans. The manual is about as clear as mud, so do I have to go through all these above motions just to scan? I hope there is a simpler way to scan my favorite list!
BG..

Some things you might try:

1. Assign FLQK (quick keys for each of your favorite lists) and use the FLQK to turn your different FLs on/off.

2. I have one favorite list that I always want to monitor, so I assigned no quick key for it and in my "Profile" I TURNED ON "monitor". This causes my scanner when turned on to automatically start scanning this FL without me having to do anything.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Favorite list

You can assign 0-9 to favorite lists to boot at start up. Then when you turn on the radio you hold the number of the favorite list you want to start with. My home list is 0 and work is 1. Makes it real easy.

Les

BG..

Status
Not open for further replies.