436/NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeekwave

I live in south Alabama, City of Enterprises. 36330.Which uses NXDN. I purchased the upgrade when I bought radio new from bearcat several months ago. Still after multiple tries have been unsuccessful in programming for my city. It would help if someone with the same radio and currently listening to NXDN for their city could help me figure this out. My city , Enterprise uses NXDN for police, and utilities. My sheriff's department is partially increpted but not police . Thanks in advance for help.

zeekwave

@zeekwave are you talking about this system City of Enterprise Public Services System Trunking System, Enterprise, Alabama - Scanner Frequencies
I don't know if they use 2 different systems or sites. May want to look into this one S and P Communications Trunking System, Various, Alabama - Scanner Frequencies
Make sure the LCN are correct order with the RAN Number.
S&P communication provides the NXDN frequency, I'm gonna use my scanner to look up LCN finder. I've been told so many different ways to do this but haven't made it yet. I don't pick up any Enterprise city traffic. This is a digital radio and have been told it can be difficult to program. Thanks for your advice.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
S&P communication provides the NXDN frequency, I'm gonna use my scanner to look up LCN finder. I've been told so many different ways to do this but haven't made it yet. I don't pick up any Enterprise city traffic. This is a digital radio and have been told it can be difficult to program. Thanks for your advice.

From the link provided, it looks like the LCN has been added to the database. As bravo14 said, the LCN and RAN must be programmed. I think we've discussed this before, and someone posted the LCN's were correct. System type is NXDN Trunk, which will give you the LCN and RAN options.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I only picked up one of the sites once or twice where I live at only if bands are strong enough. I'm about 3-4 hrs from there.

zeekwave

I couldn't figure out how to add LCN and RAN to favorite from sentinel software. Gonna need some guidance. I believe most of my problem is my lack of knowing how to navigate software. I know it has to be perfect for it to work. Thanks guys . Still playing with sentinel.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I couldn't figure out how to add LCN and RAN to favorite from sentinel software. Gonna need some guidance. I believe most of my problem is my lack of knowing how to navigate software. I know it has to be perfect for it to work. Thanks guys . Still playing with sentinel.
Make sure that you created the system as NXDN Trunked, if you are adding a system that is not in the database. This is done via the Favorites List editor. Sentinel will also ask you to give the system a name.
(If appended from the database, it would already be set as a NXDN Trunked system.)

Click on the Sites tab to create or add a site.

After opening the Sites tab, use the Green Plus sign to add a site. Also give it a name.

Now, open the Site that you just created.
When entering details for the site, you can enter the frequencies used at the site, as well as the LCN & RAN settings.

You can find step by step instructions on the Easier to Read Manuals site.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It appears to me that the database has conflicting information.

If you look at the database in Sentinel, for Coffee County, you see this system"

Here's the details for that system.

If you notice, the frequencies listed for that site are exactly the same as what is listed under the Enterprise PD site on the S and P Communications system on it's database page.

If you look at the site on the S & P page, that set of frequencies does not have the LCN & RAN information.

S & P is not in the Sentinel database under the Coffee County "County Systems". (That's the first screenshot at the top of this post.), but it is under "Statewide Systems"

But if you look at the "Enterprise (PD) site, as it appears in the Sentinel database, the frequencies are in a different order, but without an LCN..

You probably should run the LCN Finder to see if you can verify the correct LCN's as well as the RAN value.

The talkgroups on the City of Enterprise system include Enterprise Fire & PD. The Enterprise Fire/Police talkgroups are not listed on the S & P system under Coffee County.

zeekwave

For Enterprise I got these numbers, can't say how I did. Do these appear to be correct 154.370000 lcn 91/ ran 1. 156.195000 92/1. 154.445000 93/1. 155.700000 94/1. 155.625000. 95/1. All RAN =1. Does this look right?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
For Enterprise I got these numbers, can't say how I did. Do these appear to be correct 154.370000 lcn 91/ ran 1. 156.195000 92/1. 154.445000 93/1. 155.700000 94/1. 155.625000. 95/1. All RAN =1. Does this look right?
That's the information, in the main database, for this system:

Here's the site page, which shows the LCN & RAN settings:

You can append that system from the main database to a Favorites list. I would suggest that you set the system to run in ID Search mode, as I'm not confident that talkgroups in the database are current and/or correct.
These same frequencies show up in the database on the S & P system, but without LCNs or the RAN settings, and the talkgroup IDs are different as well.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
You have some conflicting information for this system and you might want to start from scratch. Run a Custom Search of the bands, when you hear traffic, note what's in the display. NX4 or NX9 indicated a NXDN Trunking System. P25 or P25P2 indicated a Motorola Trunking System. I think some dedicated time and a note pad will get you in the right spot.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'll try, thank you.

The site listed as "Enterprise (PD) on the S & P system has the exact same frequencies as the site on the City Enterprise Public Services system.

On the Enterprise (city) site, the license is listed as WQPH310. That is licensed to the city, and only has NXDN emission codes on the license.

S & P is not licensed for those frequencies in Coffee County. The "Enterprise (PD)" site on the S & P system does not have a license listed nor any data entered for the LCNs and RAN settings.

Once you have the time to monitor the system for a while, and determine what is correct, and what is not, in the database, please submit the corrected informatiopn.

Status
Not open for further replies.