436 Recording Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Recently, I recorded some action on my 436. However, when I looked in the manual, but, I cannot find how to transfer this recording to my computer. Furthermore, I would like to know which recording format is used, MP3, WAV?

troymail

Silent Key
All that is provided is basic file transfers from the radio SD card to your PC using standard computer file manipulation tools. You can transfer files over the USB cable but it is much faster removing the SD card and using a card reader. WARNING however- the SDCard holder in the radio is very fragile.

I believe the files are WAV.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
They are in WAV file format.

Use your Windows Explorer, navigate to the scanner (either the scanner itself or the card if you use the previous method - shows up as a removable drive).

You should see BCDx36HP/Audio/user_rec. That's where the recordings are found.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
Recently, I recorded some action on my 436. However, when I looked in the manual, but, I cannot find how to transfer this recording to my computer. Furthermore, I would like to know which recording format is used, MP3, WAV?

to get the files out of the scanner do the following:
1) turn on scanner
2) plug in your scanner to the computer via usb cable
3) on the scanner press "E" for mass storage
4) a prompt on your computer should pop up and click on "open folder to view files"
5) click on file named "BCDx35HP"
6) click on file named "audio"
7) click on file named "user_rec"
thats where you will find all the files you have recorded named by date and time
fyi.. it only does 100 recording per folder, not sure if you can change this or not, and the files are "wave sound"

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Light Turned On

Thanks. I found the files and transfered them over to my computer. I'm happy to see these are WAV files. I still don't understand if the recorded material is automatically deleted after it is played once. But, I will figured this out. I've also noticed that the last 10 recorded transmissions are not coming up or I've not figured out how to find them yet, LOL.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
From the manual:

REPLAY TRANSMISSIONS
Your scanner Replay feature acts as an instant replay of the transmissions you’ve just heard. You can set how long a period Replay records for instant playback. This period can range from 30 seconds to 240 seconds (4 minutes). While you can replay that recording immediately and continue replaying it, you cannot save it for future listening.

RECORD TRANSMISSIONS
With your scanner, you can record transmissions. When you begin recording, your scanner adds the Replay recording buffer to the recording. These recording sessions are saved and can be replayed on demand. Rename and delete sessions through the Review Recordings submenu.

Replay the Last Transmissions
While scanning, press Replay. Turn the Scroll Control to select recordings.
Press Channel to pause/resume replay. Press Replay to exit.

Note: Replay is not available when recording is enabled.

While they seem similar, Replay and Record appear to be two different creatures. Replay is an on-going process recording transmissions the scanner hears for the duration you set. Recording is where the scanner records all of the transmissions it hears until you cease the recording function.

Since you are already capturing the transmissions during any Recording process, I can see where the Replay function is not necessary.

I think and if I'm wrong, I'd appreciate clarification, that the "stuff" from a Recording Session goes in the "User_rec" file on the scanner memory card and the "stuff" related to Replay is in the "inner_rec" file folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.