BCD436HP/BCD536HP: 436 recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

I recently set my 436 to record a chanel. I turned the sound level down to zero because I was going to bed. The scanner's battery died over night and in the morning I put new batteries and tried to review my recording. The scanner said I had nothing to review. Is this because the batteries died and the scanner did not shut down properly?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Next Time try running it hooked up to your Wall-outlet with a Cellphone adapter. That way it does not use your Batteries. You still need to have a good set of Batteries in it as the recording will not work without it.

It will run w/o batteries when USB power (which can be provided via a USB wall-wart) is connected. However, recording and certain other functions that frequently write to the SD card will be disabled, to help prevent SD card corruption.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I agree with what sfdf recommends as most fully charged batteries seem to be giving about 6 to 8 hours of use so if you sleep 8 hours this could be a problem.

However, I am somewhat surprised you did not have any recordings at all, unless your batteries were too weak when you started the recording process.

I was making a two day recording of a major local ice/sleet/snow event and towards the end of this I forgot I was recording and reprogrammed the scanner by turning it off and then back on but in MASS storage mode. However, I had all the recording that had been made up to the time I turned the 436 off.

Maybe some recordings are on the SD card and your computer may be able to see them?

lawman210

I think the issue was that the scanner shut down without going through the normal shutdown/saving process

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.