436 Serial Firmware bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Not sure who you sent it to, but it isn't in my email box. In any event, there is nothing we'd say to you in a private email that we wouldn't say in a reply to a public post.

Your email had nothing to do with it (obviously, I guess, since I never received it), it was always going to be part of the process. Standard warranty terms are that we warrant the product to be free from defect. Remedy is that we will repair your unit at no cost to you other than shipping/handling. This campaign does not (and could not ever have) negated that option.

presales@uniden.com

I don't know if this is monitored regularly. It didn't get kicked back, so I assume it's a working email address.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It goes into a queue that can be quite long. We try to review within 72 hours of receipt to that email address. In any event, likely moot, as I've answered here.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
It goes into a queue that can be quite long. We try to review within 72 hours of receipt to that email address. In any event, likely moot, as I've answered here.

You TRY within 72 hours? That's horrible.

I'm done with this thread.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Actually, it's not funny at all. What IS funny how you and others seem to feel that a non-owner of one of these issue-plagued scanners cannot voice their concerns on any of these pages without being silenced or "fined" for it as I have.

I wrote an email to Uniden Inc. yesterday about all these issues. As I expected, I didn't get a reply, but I am pleased to see that at least now owners can get a NEW unit back when they send in their scanner for the headphone issue. I'd like to think my email had something to do with this change in approach, but it's probably just a coincidence. For now, I'm just pleased that Uniden is finally doing right by its customers.

My work is done - over and out ;)

So to be clear: All of the complaining over the last week or so and you don't
even own either a BCD436HP or a BCD536HP?
And you even threatened litigation against Uniden over a product you didn't even own.
Interesting this...
Marshall KE4ZNR

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You TRY within 72 hours? That's horrible.

I'm done with this thread.

We don't work weekends (well, you see me all the time, but that email address is not typically handled on the weekend). Most are handled within 24 hours, but it really depends on the number of emails received and how each one needs to be handled. I welcome you to come join our staff for a day.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
The OP was talking about the radio not going into serial mode, which I've only experienced once (and all I had to do was unplug and replug the computer end of the USB cable again to resolve this); the second post complained that the radio went into Mass Storage Mode overnight uncommanded. I don't know how that could happen since a keypress seems to be required. Perhaps the computer recycled the USB ports (I've seen that happen plenty of times with plenty of different computers) and the prompt to hit E for mass storage or . for serial port was showing up on the screen. Or, as I was trying to hint at earlier, perhaps beta software somehow commanded the radio to switch over to mass storage mode through an undocumented (or documented but poorly coded/executed in the beta software) command.

All you clowns who keep on hollering about not buying another Uniden radio as long as you shall live, though, that's fine. Means all the more for the rest of us. If I had the $, I'd pick up at least two 536s right now (and this is from a guy who has multiple GRE, Uniden, and RS and other radios).

What were you using software wise for the drop in serial control?

I have to fully reset my 436 to get it to connect to the OP software and have NOT tried any other third party software as of yet.

Also, I bought the 436 seeings how everyone was having the issue with the 536 and some in my local area could not get systems I monitor to work on the 436 and BOY AM I GLAD. I found it to work BETTER than my HP-1. My current HP paperweight is made by who again?

So, I am one of those CLOWNS that will not buy another Uniden UNTIL they get their ACT together. I have that right PLUS, I feel the consumer is getting the shaft on having refurbished units coming back to those who have MAYBE a month old scanner with a manufacturer defect. Along with the FACT we have still to this day NOT seen ANYTHING for firmware support on the HP side of things for about......A YEAR.

Now, BACK TO THE TOPIC!

mrkelso

Ignoring the obvious part which I've bolded... what was the last device you received, of any kind, that was 100% bug-free?

And another thing

I came here to complain and try to get some help to understand why things happen with this scanner, What i don't need is sarcastic crap from you. Either be understanding and try to help or keep your mouth shut and move along.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.