436 usb cable connectng

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacon12

If you're going to use the sentinel software do you have to load any drivers the first time you connect the scanner to a computer, or does the computer recognize it as a mass storage device and no drivers are needed?
How did you as a first time user prefer to program the scanner, zip code maybe?
Jarrell

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Your PC should recognize it as a mass storage device w/o any additional driver installation.

Zip code is the easiest way to get started.

Frank02

If you're going to use the sentinel software do you have to load any drivers the first time you connect the scanner to a computer, or does the computer recognize it as a mass storage device and no drivers are needed?
How did you as a first time user prefer to program the scanner, zip code maybe?
Jarrell

I just plugged it in and installed the software. Running windows 7, it detected it as mass storage and had no issues. I found that even with range set to 0.5, using zip code gave me WAY more things than I wanted to listen to. So I basically programmed the zip code, and then used the sentinel software to remove what I didn't want - so much to learn with this thing, but it seems to be working great so far.

jacon12

Thanks guys, no drivers needed... just need to press the E button each time it's plugged in and it's recognized.
Jarrell

Status
Not open for further replies.