BCD436HP/BCD536HP: 436HP Alarm Samples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Without programming the 436HP with Sentinel, is there a way to hear the various alarm tones? On my PSR 500, I can activate & hear the tones while I'm manually programming my radio. Does the 436HP have such a function?

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Without programming the 436HP with Sentinel, is there a way to hear the various alarm tones? On my PSR 500, I can activate & hear the tones while I'm manually programming my radio. Does the 436HP have such a function?

You can hear them on the x36hp. 1st go to a channel or talkgroup and hit "E" and than scroll to set alert hit "E" than hit set alert tone you can scroll through each one see which one you like. I rather have the PSR800 alert tones better.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Operative Word: Go or Hold

You can hear them on the x36hp. 1st go to a channel or talkgroup and hit "E" and than scroll to set alert hit "E" than hit set alert tone you can scroll through each one see which one you like. I rather have the PSR800 alert tones better.

I went to a talk group by pressing hold. At present, I don't know how to go to a particular channel. I've not programmed this radio yet because I'm just learning how. I am assuming when you say "go to a channel" you are referring to a channel position move, like 0.0 or something like that. I don't know how to do this yet. I just resurrected this radio after: a) hooking the USB to the unit; b) updating the firmware; c) updating the National DB.

When I saved the things I'd done in Sentinel, I then unplugged the radio from the computer. Then, it would not receive anything but analog. I then decide to plug it back up and rewrite the scanner. Then, it started receiving again.

So, I am lost still. When I figure out how to execute your suggested move, I will.

Thanks.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I went to a talk group by pressing hold. At present, I don't know how to go to a particular channel. I've not programmed this radio yet because I'm just learning how. I am assuming when you say "go to a channel" you are referring to a channel position move, like 0.0 or something like that. I don't know how to do this yet. I just resurrected this radio after: a) hooking the USB to the unit; b) updating the firmware; c) updating the National DB.

When I saved the things I'd done in Sentinel, I then unplugged the radio from the computer. Then, it would not receive anything but analog. I then decide to plug it back up and rewrite the scanner. Then, it started receiving again.

So, I am lost still. When I figure out how to execute your suggested move, I will.

Thanks.

If you are on a talkgroup and you have it on hold. Than hit "E" than you'll see Advanced Channel Menu hit "E" and scroll til you see set alert than hit "E" hit Set alert tone *it will show off tone 1 - 9.

XTS3000

What I've done is set up a special favorites group (69 for me). In this favorite group there are 9 conventional random freqs with each of the 9 frequencies setup with one of the nine alert tones. So I press 69, enter, hold. Now I rotate the top knob and able to hear each if the 9 alert tones. This comes in handy.

Favorite group 69 contains all the 9 alert tones, all the LED alert lights (constant, fast flash, slow flash). Also in this group, I list my different batteries used in the scanner and approx run times vs battery voltage. Also in this group, I list all the 7 weather NOAA channels and where the broadcast stations are.

So favorite group 69 is strictly an information group. It is NEVER scanned.

This can, of course, be done with the X96 and X36 scanners.

brucewarming

Going to the set alert function and listening to them as you rotate the knob is fine, BUT after listening to all of them, I find that I'd NEVER be able to remember what each one was for as it "Alerted". Same for Quick keys, I do color code City, County, and State. Police (Blue), Medical (White) Fire (Red) Instead of FL Qkeys I load a local (Main System) Avoid what I don't want. Other Favorites I use "Menu" and pick which systems (favorites) to load. My mind isn't as good enoughat all those different numbers.

XTS3000

Going to the set alert function and listening to them as you rotate the knob is fine, BUT after listening to all of them, I find that I'd NEVER be able to remember what each one was for as it "Alerted". Same for Quick keys, I do color code City, County, and State. Police (Blue), Medical (White) Fire (Red) Instead of FL Qkeys I load a local (Main System) Avoid what I don't want. Other Favorites I use "Menu" and pick which systems (favorites) to load. My mind isn't as good enoughat all those different numbers.

On all 9 alert tones in my favorite list 69, I label each alert tone 1-9. So when I find one I want to use, I know what it is by the alpha tag I set

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Can Remember Tones

What I've done is set up a special favorites group (69 for me). In this favorite group there are 9 conventional random freqs with each of the 9 frequencies setup with one of the nine alert tones. So I press 69, enter, hold. Now I rotate the top knob and able to hear each if the 9 alert tones. This comes in handy.

Favorite group 69 contains all the 9 alert tones, all the LED alert lights (constant, fast flash, slow flash). Also in this group, I list my different batteries used in the scanner and approx run times vs battery voltage. Also in this group, I list all the 7 weather NOAA channels and where the broadcast stations are.

So favorite group 69 is strictly an information group. It is NEVER scanned.

This can, of course, be done with the X96 and X36 scanners.

I am responding the this post as well as the following. For the first post, the one I am quoting, this was a very resourceful idea. I am going to go make one now. Thanks.

For the fellow who cannot remember tones, I am lucky to not have that problem. I might even make a You Tube Video for listeners about these tones. Thanks for you response.

Status
Not open for further replies.