436HP at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
For those interested, Amazon has 436HP listed for $370.09. The listing says "Ships from and sold by Amazon."

ScubaJungle

I got mine from the Amazon Warehouse for $370. It said it was used - like new, but the screen sticker was still on, and there wasn't any noticeable use, so Im pretty sure it was brand new, and someone returned it without using it and so they had to list it as used

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Would you rather this or the sds100? Pricing set aside, what would be the better scanner over all?
The SDS 100 0r 200 is usually the right path to follow. If you have any radio interference (simulcasting) then the 436 cannot handle it. I have both, and while the 436 remains silent the SDS models always come thru. Now I'm not a radio technician, or any such thing, but I know you will be very happy with the SDS 100. I believe it will take you far into the future. Greg

Last edited:

Reconrider

The SDS 100 0r 200 is usually the right path to follow. If you have any radio interference (simulcasting) then the 436 cannot handle it. I have both, and while the 436 remains silent the SDS models always come thru. Now I'm not a radio technician, or any such thing, but I know you will be very happy with the SDS 100. I believe it will take you far into the future. Greg

That's what I wanted to hear. I'm not a radio gearhead either, just an 'up and coming' learner.

I have the trx-1 and bought it with no hesitation, but when the sds100 is almost double its price, I have to ask a few things if I could go cheaper haha.

Thanks for the quick reply

greggk

Premium Subscriber
That's what I wanted to hear. I'm not a radio gearhead either, just an 'up and coming' learner.

I have the trx-1 and bought it with no hesitation, but when the sds100 is almost double its price, I have to ask a few things if I could go cheaper haha.

Thanks for the quick reply
If you like your Whistler are you considering another one? I had 2 whistlers and sent them both back. If you like the SDS100 it will probably do twice the amount of work. (I know I will catch hell here for saying that)

I tried breaking away from Uniden when I bought my TRX, and then I tried again with the second TRX, and finally came to peaceful bliss when I went with the SDS100. Loved it so much I got the SDS200 as well. I love them both!

Greg

Reconrider

If you like your Whistler are you considering another one? I had 2 whistlers and sent them both back. If you like the SDS100 it will probably do twice the amount of work. (I know I will catch hell here for saying that)

I tried breaking away from Uniden when I bought my TRX, and then I tried again with the second TRX, and finally came to peaceful bliss when I went with the SDS100. Loved it so much I got the SDS200 as well. I love them both!

Greg
I love the trx-1 but I really would like to try the uniden sds100 at some point.
I'm not a fan of how fat and wide they made it with almost no buttons. The ws1040 was thinner left-right but fatter depth wise and has 3 times the buttons the trx-1 does. I was brought into the whistler brand so I want to expand a little.

What are you trying to sell your trx for?

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I love the trx-1 but I really would like to try the uniden sds100 at some point.
I'm not a fan of how fat and wide they made it with almost no buttons. The ws1040 was thinner left-right but fatter depth wise and has 3 times the buttons the trx-1 does. I was brought into the whistler brand so I want to expand a little.

What are you trying to sell your trx for?
I['m not trying to sell any. As I said in my reply above, I bought two and sent both back. It was from there I went back to my old ways and bought the SDS 100, then later the 200. I thought your initial post was asking for an opinion of the TRX vs the SDS. Greg
As for the size of the SDS200, I simply call mine "chubby."

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Would you rather this or the sds100? Pricing set aside, what would be the better scanner over all?
The main factor, in deciding between the BCD436HP & the SDS100, is whether there are simulcast systems that you want to monitor, either in your home area, or an area that you go to, or through, on a regular basis. If simulcast is an issue, then that steers the choice to one of the SDS series scanners. If simulcast is not a factor, the 436HP (or 536HP) will do just about everything one of the SDS scanners can do, for considerably less. If DMR & NXDN are also among your interests, you can purchase a 436HP, do both of those upgrades, and still spend less than what an SDS100 would cost without the upgrades.

Reconrider

I['m not trying to sell any. As I said in my reply above, I bought two and sent both back. It was from there I went back to my old ways and bought the SDS 100, then later the 200. I thought your initial post was asking for an opinion of the TRX vs the SDS. Greg
As for the size of the SDS200, I simply call mine "chubby."
Ahh misread it. lol

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I can't speak for the SDS 200, but after some issues were resolved with my 100, I am very happy with it

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It depends. If you want to listen to simulcast stuff, the SDS100 is the best choice, no question. Depending on your location it may be the only handheld scanner that works. For everything else, the only real advantage of the SDS100 over the 436 is the display, and if that isn't critical, then the 436 is a solid choice.

N4DJC

I think I paid about $350 for mine last year, that's the lowest I had seen.

$368 is about the same as a BCD325p2.

I noticed they're offering it at 5 payments with no interest, not a bad deal for someone looking seriously at one.

Status
Not open for further replies.