436hp atx simulcast question

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What is your history with electronics, radios or scanners.
The reason I ask is the things you say make us think you have no knowledge about the the things you say.
We may need to explain things in more detail to help you.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Josh, Google "naïve" and "identity theft." Any explanation here would take several pages. Otherwise, just give me your social security number and your mother's maiden name and don't worry about. I'M JUST KIDDING!!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Josh, Google "naïve" and "identity theft." Any explanation here would take several pages. Otherwise, just give me your social security number and your mother's maiden name and don't worry about. I'M JUST KIDDING!!
Something tells me FICO is very low anyway so...

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Josh I thought something was familiar here and now I remember a thread on the Motorola forum. You were asking about programming a XTS radio and were thinking of purchasing one.

You are the young man who attaches a Motorola lapel speaker mic to your 125 with a rubber band and wears a duty belt so as to get used to the weight of the belt as you were going to be a policeman when you reach 20 1/2 years old.

Forget about the Motorola radio, look in the classifieds at used scanners that will work in your area and your budget so you can afford it, there's always a chance the academy won't take you.

Last edited:

Whospoonbill

I live in manor Texas which is outside of Austin and I mainly want to monitor tcso baker east which is what manor pd is on the sheriff share the radio with manor pd and I believe tcso David is in Westlake and I believe tcso Adam is Pflugerville. Anyways I’m trying to decide between a bcd436hp, or a xts 5000 since I’ll mainly be monitoring the tcso channels David, Charlie, Adam, Baker and my question is the signal good in manor Texas

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
That question can't be answered. Just because a scanner not designed to work in a simulcast environment works for one person doesn't mean it will for another, even if they are in the same area. Yours may work fine and the person next doors may not. That's the gamble with a 436 and simulcast. It's why you see so many used ones for sale. Someone tried it to save a few dollars and it didn't work. But others it works perfectly fine. I won't even comment on the xts as I feel like that was covered pretty well in your last thread.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
That question can't be answered. Just because a scanner not designed to work in a simulcast environment works for one person doesn't mean it will for another, even if they are in the same area. Yours may work fine and the person next doors may not. That's the gamble with a 436 and simulcast. It's why you see so many used ones for sale. Someone tried it to save a few dollars and it didn't work. But others it works perfectly fine.
That's what we keep telling him. The simulcast signals will be hit or miss with the 436. If he wants a scanner capable of picking up simulcast, it's gonna pretty much be one in the Uniden SDS series.

Status
Not open for further replies.