436hp atx simulcast question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whospoonbill

Does anybody live in Austin Texas that can tell me if they get good signal on a simulcast In the area with the bcd436hp i live in Austin teas and I hear I should get a sds100 but I wanna see how but the 436hp is on handle simulcast in Austin Texas

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
The important thing about simulcast is location. You might have garbled reception but your next door neighbor might have no problem at all. Sometimes, even a few feet might make a difference. I'd opt for the SDS100 or 200 so you can future-proof, so to speak, your scanning. In addition, if you travel with the scanner, I'll practically guarantee the SDS scanners will give you improved reception.

Whospoonbill

I walk to work I live in a small city and I have yet to find another job I quit it back in April

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
As others said in your last thread, check out Unication as well. There are several used g5's on the classifieds here as well as from reputable sellers on ebay. A g4 will work for you as well. They handle simulcast very well. Cheaper than a scanner but not as capable. But for what you've been asking for, I think it'll suit your needs.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Sorry, but the old man in me is coming out today.

I'd get my priorities in order first. If I was jobless a scanner would be way down on my list...but that's just me.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
It's also commonly used when a person only wants to monitor a few specific talkgroups on a system and needs something reliable on simulcast. It was built for emergency service workers but some hobbyist find it useful if they don't want to monitor a dozens of things. STORE- G4/G5 Voice Pager | Unication USA

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I think you are way over your head and have a lot to learn.
I have to ask are you under the age of 18?
XTS are radios that you have to have a licensee to transmit on plus a radio system to use.
It would help us if you would tell us about yourself then we may could help you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.