436HP batteries.

Eugene

Greetings. I am posting this here as I don't see accessory specific site for just batteries. I have a 436HP for which I just replaced the rechargeable batteries. They are LADDA 2450mAH and I am using a MAHA Powerex charger. I ordered 8 and gave them an initial conditioning and noticed that 3 would not charge right off the bat. The others charged to about 1.3 volts but only lasted about 30 mins in the radio. When I went to recharge them the other 5 read "battery fault" on the charger. These were brand new, sealed in the box batteries. I have read good reviews on them. Has anyone else noticed this problem. I would not think 8 batteries would all be defective. I did order them all from Amazon so maybe they had been sitting around too long?? I have to admit I'm stumped. Thanks for any help. If this needs to be moved, feel free.

Eugene KG4AVE

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Greetings. I am posting this here as I don't see accessory specific site for just batteries. I have a 436HP for which I just replaced the rechargeable batteries. They are LADDA 2450mAH and I am using a MAHA Powerex charger. I ordered 8 and gave them an initial conditioning and noticed that 3 would not charge right off the bat. The others charged to about 1.3 volts but only lasted about 30 mins in the radio. When I went to recharge them the other 5 read "battery fault" on the charger. These were brand new, sealed in the box batteries. I have read good reviews on them. Has anyone else noticed this problem. I would not think 8 batteries would all be defective. I did order them all from Amazon so maybe they had been sitting around too long?? I have to admit I'm stumped. Thanks for any help. If this needs to be moved, feel free.

Eugene KG4AVE
You have one of 2 problems

Your MAHA charger isn't working.
You got a defective set of batteries.

Since you ordered from Amazon, I would go and return them as defective and have them replaced by Amazon. There should be no costs to you for that.

MAHA Powerex chargers are good chargers but older ones were for Nicad and Nimh only, that may have changed, my Powerex is about 15yrs old.

Looking at LADDA 2450mAh batteries on Amazon, the only ones I saw were AA and were Lithium ion batteries.

I don't know chemistry batteries for a 436 are required.

JethrowJohnson

I use the original set of batteries that came with my scanner but I also have Energizer Recharge batteries that I just started using yesterday since yesterday was when I got an external charger that would take 3 instead of only 2/4. My charger is an Opus BT-C3100 V2.2

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Where'd you find those batteries?
Amazon. Am trying to find the thread that discusses this along with battery and the correct cable.

here it is…….

Last edited:

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
In response to the OP, I use LADDA batteries in my 436hp and they last about 6-8 hours between charges. I use a Ravpower 20,000mah external battery if I'm stationary which lasts days before dying...but it's a portable, so it isn't always practical to use.

I would recommend trying to charge the batteries in a different charger if possible. I've never had the same issue with mine, I use a 10 year old Sanyo Eneloop charger to juice mine up. Works fine.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
I've purchased many Ladda 2450 maH rechargeable NiMh batteries from IKEA over the past several years. I've been using them in several hand-held scanners, including a BCD436HP with the same results as the above commenters. I charge them in an XTAR VC-4 external charger, and never had any problems with the Ladda rechargeable batteries. I previously purchased Eneloop rechargeable batteries, until I learned that IKEA sells the "re-branded" Ladda batteries manufactured by the same company.

Eugene

Thanks all. The recharger is new, as the last one was ruined after the wife plugged in a couple of non-rechargeables and I didn't find out until it was too late. I had prior LADDA batteries, but they were nearly 4 years old and worn out, which is why I'm surprised at this. Anyway, I will order more but from another supplier and see if that makes a difference. Since Amazon supplies from multiple sources, maybe that had something to do with it. Will keep everyone appraised. thanks again.

Eugene KG4AVE