436HP Charger question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

Does anyone know of a charger that plugs into a standard home AC socket and terminates in the same connector that the scanner's charger uses?

6520tkp

The one that came with scanner.
The AC to USB adapter and the programming cable.

Tim-B

Yeah, I was looking for an extra besides the one that came with the scanner. I want to keep the programming cable in a zipper compartment in my laptop case so I always have it with me and use an ac cable at home to charge every night.

Tim-B

Okay, I was thinking it was a proprietary connector. Is it just a mini usb? If so then I can just run to wal-mart and get one.

Tim-B

Exxxxxxxcellent. Thanks man. I was also kinda worried about frying something inside the scanner with an "unauthorized" charger but it sounds like it will be ok. I'm goin' wally world at lunch.

rwier

garys

Premium Subscriber
Any USB charger with a mini USB connector will work. You can even use some of the newer higher current Smart Phone chargers. Those usually have a USB output with a separate cable. Just find a USB to mini USB cable and off you go.

There is no need to buy anything expensive from Scanner Master or anyone else.

Okay, I was thinking it was a proprietary connector. Is it just a mini usb? If so then I can just run to wal-mart and get one.

Tim-B

Yep, I see what you mean about most phone chargers being mirco USB. I just left wal-mart and there were about 30 models of micro but only one with a mini usb.

You're right about scanner master being expensive. I was going to order my 436HP from there but when I saw that they were going to charge me $85.00 for next day air I said, "Oh HELL NO. You people are smokin' dope." I ordered it from Amazon and got second day shipping for about $14.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Samsung Android and iPhones come with a white cube charger with a 2.1a USB outlet. They come with cords with micro USB or the iPhone connector, but you can buy a mini USB cable for short money.

I'm not doing great job describing this, so if you follow this link to Amazon, you'll see the charger I'm talking about.

FWIW, while I've charged the radio using that sort of set up, I've recently found that taking the batteries out and using a stand alone charger is better for the batteries.

Yep, I see what you mean about most phone chargers being mirco USB. I just left wal-mart and there were about 30 models of micro but only one with a mini usb.

You're right about scanner master being expensive. I was going to order my 436HP from there but when I saw that they were going to charge me $85.00 for next day air I said, "Oh HELL NO. You people are smokin' dope." I ordered it from Amazon and got second day shipping for about $14.

marksmith

Some of Scanner masters big Black Friday cyber Monday pre Christmas deals are very lame, coming in more expensive than the regular every day price at Amazon and other places.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.