uhg guys my new 436hp didnt come with sd card where can i get one
thnks bears3312

Last edited by a moderator:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
uhg guys my new 436hp didnt come with sd card where can i get one
thnks bears3312
Apparently, what was sent to you was not a 'new, unopened' scanner, as the card should have been in there. Suggest that you contact the seller (if it was advertised as 'new') and request that they send you a card, or issue a credit for the cost of buying one.

Micro-SD cards are available a huge number of places. Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, and of course Amazon or your local cellphone store.

See this thread for a information as to the type of card that is recommended. Uniden advises a card size of up to 32GB as being supported. The main benefit of a much larger card is more room for recordings. If you don't plan to record (and keep) a lopt, then a 4 to 8gb card is plenty large enough. I would also advise you to keep an extra card handy. While you may not need it, it's good insurance.

bears3312

Apparently, what was sent to you was not a 'new, unopened' scanner, as the card should have been in there. Suggest that you contact the seller (if it was advertised as 'new') and request that they send you a card, or issue a credit for the cost of buying one.

Micro-SD cards are available a huge number of places. Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, and of course Amazon or your local cellphone store.

See this thread for a information as to the type of card that is recommended. Uniden advises a card size of up to 32GB as being supported. The main benefit of a much larger card is more room for recordings. If you don't plan to record (and keep) a lopt, then a 4 to 8gb card is plenty large enough. I would also advise you to keep an extra card handy. While you may not need it, it's good insurance.

do i have to get the daata base back on rewrite help?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
do i have to get the daata base back on rewrite help?
Make sure your new card is formatted correctly (Fat32). Use SDF formatter if necessary.

With your new card either in a card reader, or (if in the scanner) by connecting the scanner to the pc, and pressing E (Enter) at the prompt to choose 'Mass Storage' or 'Serial Mode' (Mass Storage is what you want), start Sentinel.

In Sentinel, click on the drop down Scanner menu at the top of the screen.
Choose "Clear User Data" from the menu.

You'll get a pop-up window, which likely will show nothing to to connect to.
Select the box that says 'Show all drives'
You should then see a drive letter that will be your replacement card.
Choose that drive & let Sentinel perform the setup.

Once done, then select 'Write to Scanner' to send your favorites lists to the radio. Write to Scanner is also under the drop-down scanner menu, or you can on the small icon that is under the "r" in Scanner at the top of the screen. After this is done, the scanner will have the database, as well as any Favorites lists that you have created.

If the scanner is connected to the pc, be sure to 'eject' the card correctly in Windows. The same 'eject' process should also be employed if using a card reader. Once you get the 'safe to remove' blurb in Windows, you can disconnect the scanner from the PC, or pull the card reader out of the USB port. Once the card is in place, the scanner should boot up & work.

bears3312

Make sure your new card is formatted correctly (Fat32). Use SDF formatter if necessary.

With your new card either in a card reader, or (if in the scanner) by connecting the scanner to the pc, and pressing E (Enter) at the prompt to choose 'Mass Storage' or 'Serial Mode' (Mass Storage is what you want), start Sentinel.

In Sentinel, click on the drop down Scanner menu at the top of the screen.
Choose "Clear User Data" from the menu.

You'll get a pop-up window, which likely will show nothing to to connect to.
Select the box that says 'Show all drives'
You should then see a drive letter that will be your replacement card.
Choose that drive & let Sentinel perform the setup.

Once done, then select 'Write to Scanner' to send your favorites lists to the radio. Write to Scanner is also under the drop-down scanner menu, or you can on the small icon that is under the "r" in Scanner at the top of the screen. After this is done, the scanner will have the database, as well as any Favorites lists that you have created.

If the scanner is connected to the pc, be sure to 'eject' the card correctly in Windows. The same 'eject' process should also be employed if using a card reader. Once you get the 'safe to remove' blurb in Windows, you can disconnect the scanner from the PC, or pull the card reader out of the USB port. Once the card is in place, the scanner should boot up & work.

huy guys my sis found me one i got it working now .now need figure out what i want listing to
bears3312

Status
Not open for further replies.