436HP Display requests for next firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I would like to see BIGGER and BOLDER fonts available. Option to see the frequency while monitoring P25.
The Clock, Date and signal strength F0,S0,TGID,and Function needs to be at least twice the size. Increase the LED Alert blink time.

freqhopping

Ability to see the radios IDs and the unit names you have programmed. Either both at the same time or alternating like the PSR-800.

Kind of hard to modify unit names if you don't know what it is and there are multiple radios associated with that unit. For now I have added the ID to the name, but on longer names the ID gets cut off.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I would like to see BIGGER and BOLDER fonts available. Option to see the frequency while monitoring P25.
The Clock, Date and signal strength F0,S0,TGID,and Function needs to be at least twice the size. Increase the LED Alert blink time.

Increased LED illumination time - Are you thinking it should operate more like the illumination of the HP-1 display? It illuminates at every squelch break and will stay on (brighter) until the squelch drops.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I agree with N0UDG. The backlight in squelch mode comes on and off too quickly and becomes very distracting.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I'd like to see the tag/mode field as a removable option that could be replaced to give more room for freq/tone/NAC and User ID. For example, you could have the user ID show in larger text (like displayed in the other fields) where it currently shows both freq/tg and UID. and beneath that it could show the talkgroup ID / freq/tone if the user chooses to show it. Personally, I don't need to see the channel tags to know what I'm looking at. That's why I programmed the scanner in the first place.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
I agree with all the above comments.

I hope UPMan or someone from Uniden is reading these commest and requests.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I agree with all the above comments.

I hope UPMan or someone from Uniden is reading these commest and requests.

He / They are reading them.
I just do not know with it being this late in the game with them already programing/ writing the firmware update SAID to come out sometime in the future if will see these requested updates. Might see it on the second round of firmware later in the future. Here is to hoping.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I know that a few users may want it, but it really doesn't make much sense to me to display the talkgroup of a programmed entry on the screen. That is the purpose of the alpha tag -- to show what the channel is. It may be an option, but shouldn't be a default setting in my opinion.

The radio ID, however, I think should take both lines up in a larger font. It changes for every transmission and should also default to the RID alpha tag if programmed.

dtscho

Database Admin
I'd like to see the control channel of the currently-being-scanned trunked system, and the voice frequency being used when the scanner stops on a talkgroup in ID Search/ID Scan mode. Not really essential to monitoring, but with all the space on the screen, would be nice to see as much information as possible.

For conventional channels, it would be nice if the stored CTCSS/DCS was displayed in the big font that is used for the tone display when using Quick Search.

Dave

kikito

Premium Subscriber

Yeah, I would like to have a display mode that is "minimalistic" and bigger, bolder fonts showing only the Dept. and Talkgroup or something like that.

Sometimes you're just busy with other things and just want to keep scanning and be able to glance to see what's active from a further distance without caring for all the details.

That said, I love having all the info on the screen as it is.

DMSROX2

We all function and use our scanners differently, but for me I really like the 436 display. To me its easier to rapidly find the important text quickly. For my use the only suggestion I would have be the Favorite List name to be more prominent. Semi related, the location of the LED light in the speaker is awkward. The light stays on such a short time that its hard or me to notice it and read the display before it goes off. If it was closer to the screen it would be in your field of vision as you read the display. All this aside, I am extremely pleased with my 436.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
We all function and use our scanners differently, but for me I really like the 436 display. To me its easier to rapidly find the important text quickly. For my use the only suggestion I would have be the Favorite List name to be more prominent. Semi related, the location of the LED light in the speaker is awkward. The light stays on such a short time that its hard or me to notice it and read the display before it goes off. If it was closer to the screen it would be in your field of vision as you read the display. All this aside, I am extremely pleased with my 436.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My two cents reply was in another thread regarding "What do you want to see in the next Uniden scanner" but I did not know a new firmware can change the screen data sizes. We do use our scanners differently. I do appreciate the large screen display but still would like to see some lines larger such as
TGID, Unit ID, or perhaps at least a large line would alternately flash between two different items / names,
in large when scanning has stopped, paused on a station. I do like the radio but for now some lines are just too tiny.

Amos

mrkelso

I would like to see when you make changes to the display via the scanner, the changes stay put and work correctly. Right now they seem to work when they want to.

Hit_Factor

I would like to see when you make changes to the display via the scanner, the changes stay put and work correctly. Right now they seem to work when they want to.

You probably know this, but there are display settings in sentinel. Maybe, when you download to the scanner you are overwriting the settings?

RF23

Premium Subscriber

Others have noticed this but it seems that certain changes you make via the scanner are temporary like the backlight intensity, avoids, etc.. Therefore, they are only in the operational scanner memory (I guess) and when you turnoff the scanner this info in memory is lost so it will boot from what ever is on the SD card.

If you make your display settings in Sentinel and download them to the scanner they will get written to the SD card and will stay until you change them. So turning the scanner on and off will not affect them.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I think that the displaying of the favorites list/database and the site should also be optional. Not everyone wants all that information. Some people only use the favorites lists to select which systems to listen to. And many users only have one favorites list anyway. Also, the site name isn't important on simulcast sites or for people who don't care which site they're listening to. I'd rather see those as optional on/off settings so that people who want a more minimal display have that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.